Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 DC Tundra, I am looking to run a Orion CO500.1 Mono amp with a Polk Audio MM1240 12". This will be my first overall DIY subwoofer/amp install and I dont want to overheat the amp or otherwise. Still looking for a good place to put the amp, but I see alot of people remove the spare tire jack and place it there, so that is a maybe.
I need a little advice on the right single enclosure, and amp wiring gauge. Thanks in advance.

MOMO: MM1240 - Polk Audio 12" 4 Ohm Shallow Mount Subwoofer
AMP: Orion CO500.1 (co5001) - Monoblock Car Amplifier, Power Amp - Sonic Electronix

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well made the smart move and got in touch with James (Tech12) about the enclosure plus wiring. He is setting me up the right way, it will be a lil bit but definately will have it up on the forum when I get it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well made the smart move and got in touch with James (Tech12) about the enclosure plus wiring. He is setting me up the right way, it will be a lil bit but definately will have it up on the forum when I get it.
I was about to say, that prefab box might be a little thick to fit under the seat. 8.5" thick on the bottom wont clear the seat. I'd love to see some pics once its done. Havent seen many single 12" enclosures under the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts