Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would be interested in a group purchase of Performance Friction pads for the 07-up Tundra Sequoia??

I have been waiting patiently for them to make pads for my truck and in 42,000 miles have changed stock pads 2 times so I am now on my 3rd set. :(

I have used Performance Friction pads in every car I have owned since 1991 when I was burning through rotors and pads in my Nitrous injected Firebird Formula. After putting in their street pads I did not change pads or rotors in the 3 years that followed which included a few track days. Stock brakes would last no more than 3 months per pads, and 6 months per rotors. Not to mention how much dust this plastered on the sides of the car. After the PF pads, no dust, and 25% better stopping power with no fade. They actually stop harder as the pads heat up!!!
Then it was a Honda civic, also nitrous injected, that I had the same situation with. Then my 325i, followed by my M3, my Chevy 1500 series plow truck...... All of my vehicles have had PF street pads, but they do not yet make them for the Tundra.

I called them and they said if I could get a 100 part order together they would make them.

I'm trying to gauge interest so if you are interested please reply to this thread with one of the following:

YES = I will commit to buying a set
Maybe = I want them but can not commit

I would guess that they will be less than $100/set, but will update as I get closer to an order. They are usually around $65/set.

You can check them out at Performance Friction

They make most of all racing and industrial brake pads for a number if industry's.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
most racing pads wear faster than factory pads... so I don't quite get how they would be better for wear? Maybe stop better etc...

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
never mind, i just went on their site,, you must mean the street series.. I was thinking you meant like a real racing pad;;;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts