Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a rear bumper guard on ebay and it was listed as applicable to the 2003-2006 model year 4runners. Guess what? The brackets did not work on my 2006 due to the change in the tow hitch design. I looked under on 05, with a hitch over the weekend and it was clear that the bumper guard mounting brackets would work on that 4runner. The box even listed on the side that it was for 2003-2005 4runner but I opened it up based on the listing saying it would fit an 06.

Well mr. seller has been non-responsive and I have contested the charge on my credit card. Tomorrow, after waiting the mandatory 10 days, I will dispute the situation via paypal. Since the buyer is the one that made the mistakes, I am refusing to pay to ship it back and I am asking for my shipping charges to be refunded. The user ID of this poor seller is "suv-protech". Stay away from this seller as he seems not to care.

Listed this story for all Toyota owners as a heads-up in case you run into one of his listings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got ripped on a international transaction. Luckily I payed through PayPal. I wound up with hundreds of dollars in non disclosed charges by the seller. I contacted PayPal and had all of my money back in a bout 30 days with no problems. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
thanks g2k.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad paypal worked things out for you. What was the user ID of the seller?

In my situation paypal didn't work out. I opened the dispute by claiming I never received the item, which technically is accurate as I did not receive a bumper guard that fit my vehicle. However, I figured the seller would be as nonresponsive to paypal as he was to me and would not provide proof of delivery to paypal. Well, he did and I had no further opportunity to correspond with paypal so they ruled in his favor.

Luckily for me only $55 of the $195 purchase price was from my paypal balance, the rest was from my credit card. I protested the credit card charge and my card issuer ruled in my favor. It helped that the card issuer actually gave me a form to fill out that gave me a chance to elaborate and provide pictures. I then sold the guard locally so that I came out $100 ahead. Never heard anything more about the whole situation in the last 4 months so I hope it is over.

·
Banned
518 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts