Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So according to BF the 35x12.5 18's will fit on the factory 8" wide alloys... With a 34.8" diameter, I realize the mud flaps are going to have to go, but other than that does anyone know if there will be additional clearance issues? I'm getting the babies either way but just want to know if I am going to have to do any grinding on the bodymounts... I have the 3/1 common lift. (look no jacked threads, discussion police)

Thanks for any input...

·
Registered
82 Posts
These will NOT work on the stock wheels. There is not nearly enough backspacing on the stockers to clear the UCA with a 12.50 tire that tall. Im getting the exact same tires next month and I am going to have to get new wheels that move the tires out so they stick out about a half inch. Been researching this for about 3-4 months now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These will NOT work on the stock wheels. There is not nearly enough backspacing on the stockers to clear the UCA with a 12.50 tire that tall. Im getting the exact same tires next month and I am going to have to get new wheels that move the tires out so they stick out about a half inch. Been researching this for about 3-4 months now.

What about a 1" or 1.5" wheel spacer? Will that work? How much do they need to come out? I would like to retain that factory feel (look) to the truck just want to have some traction in the soft stuff...

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
My truck thinks they fit.... almost.

Those Coopers measure 34.76" tall, section width 12.5" and tread width 10". They required the front aerofoils in the fenderwells to be removed, and do rub the paint off the swaybar when fully cranked. Upper arm clearance is fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweetness... Who needs paint on the swaybar? I say let them rub, rubbing is racing. Close enough specs to the KM2's for me... I'm gonna give it a go... worst comes to worse I will throw a spacer on there :p

Hey, shouldn't you get back to work on project traction... we need those TPS Reports... (Office Space ref.) Didn't you get the memo?

·
Registered
82 Posts
A spacer should do the trick just fine, it was just an excuse for me to get new wheels when I buy the tires :laughing:

Goodluck and be sure to post pictures/specs after you get the tires on. If it works out with a minimal spacer and looks good ill probably end up going that way too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do. I need to get on it with the camera. Truck look pretty factory right now. except for the toolbox.

07 DC Limited 4x4
5.7 (K&N Filter w/o charcoal filter/ everything else factory)
Factory running boards
Alarm enabled
Rear-view cam
parking sonar
Tow Package - 26' Cig boat back there :)
All kinds of Navigation and video mods.
Ipod control with video playback(yes in motion/watch out people -I'm not)
AirBags/onboard compressor
Remote lock tailgate
Remote open toolbox and tailgate (toolbox on 2 pulse, gate on 3)
and a bunch of other little junk...

·
Registered
118 Posts
They will fit just fine..with a trim of the skidplate. Ive seen a couple trucks with those tires on stock wheels. Here is a pic of one. Cant remember his name but he says they fit fine. Didnt even have to take off his mudflaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
My truck thinks they fit.... almos

Those Coopers measure 34.76" tall, section width 12.5" and tread width 10". They required the front aerofoils in the fenderwells to be removed, and do rub the paint off the swaybar when fully cranked. Upper arm clearance is fine.
Any tire wear issues with those on 8" wide rims? I'm thinking of going that route on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts