Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of 265/75/R16 BFG AT KO's E Rated. Max PSI is 80. What is everyone else running in these? Ive read everywhere from 28 to 50 PSI. Just need a good starting point before I do the chalk trick. Right now im running 36 front and rear.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Draw a few lines across the tread of the tires and drive a few feet in a straight line. If you only have chalk on the outside the pressure is to low, in just the center you have to much pressure. you want to see the line on the ground from the whole tire.

·
Registered
917 Posts
An E rated tire is for a 1 ton truck you have the wrong tires. Putting to much air will make your truck bouncy and ill handling. Not enough will make the tires wear faster.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An E rated tire is for a 1 ton truck you have the wrong tires. Putting to much air will make your truck bouncy and ill handling. Not enough will make the tires wear faster.
According to BFG and their website - they dont make the 265/75R16 in a C or D rated tire anymore. You have to keep the stock size of 265/70R16 to get a D rated tire and they were 20 bucks more a tire for a smaller tire! So far, the E rides fine for me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
According to BFG and their website - they dont make the 265/75R16 in a C or D rated tire anymore. You have to keep the stock size of 265/70R16 to get a D rated tire and they were 20 bucks more a tire for a smaller tire! So far, the E rides fine for me.
Really? Damn that really sucks. E rated rides like sh*t and is also HEAVY. Boo BFG, they will likely regret that move.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts