Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new tires and can't decide between the BFG T/A's or Cooper LTZ's for my 08 DB Cab Tundra.
I live in MT so they need to be good on snow and ice along with gravel and mud.
Both tires are about the same price, Coopers might actually be a little more but I think I can get one of the tire shops to come down on them. Surprisingly my Toyota dealer has the best prices on the BFG's at $234 a tire.

And please don't tell me about and try to talk me into another tire. I only want to know about the two in question.

Thanks for any input and advice

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
What size BFG? You can get the 275/70/18 for cheaper online (althouhg you'd have to factor in shipping costs and the few bucks saved wouldn't be THAT important to ahve 'em "now")

In the 285/65/18, that's a heck of a deal. I dunno anything bout the Coopers, but my KOs ahve never left me getting a tug out. Tough as nails too, but wear will net me around 40K miles

-rockstate

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$235 for 275/70/18 BFG's which is $940 balanced and installed. Including shipping I have not found an online price that beats it.
I have two dealer in town here selling the Zeons for $260 but I have found them online for $970 shipped, if the dealers won't match $235 a tire I don't see any reason not to go with the BFG's.
Guess I'm just seeing if the Zeons are worth haggling over?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I would have to say that the ZeonLTZ looks more of an "low profile" AT tire.

I'd stick with the KOs. they are a great tread.

Discountire has 'em for 209 (adn I think that includes shipping). All 3 locations are out of stock though. Tire rack is pretty competitive in terms of pricing once you add shipping onto it. Maybe a dollar or two more. Do you want to save like $70? Up to you.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
****, just did the math. If you're paying 940 OUT THE DOOR balanced and installed, do that price!!

However, 235x4=940 which won't include tax, or mount and balance. You're going to be pushing a full thousand. (I don't know how much it costs to M&B)

-rockstate

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing I have been noticing especially with the size I am looking for is EVERYONE is running out of stock online.
Tire Rack has ONE tire left in a 275/70/18 and NOTHING in a 285/65. They HAD the BFG for $195
Same thing with DiscountTire and TirePeformance, they had the tire and size I wanted at one point but now have chet left.

The $235 price was out the door BTW.

If there's a couple people on here that can tell me they've had both tires and like the Zeons better I'll haggle the tire shop to match the dealers price.....one of them will do it. Otherwise I won't bother and just get the BFG's through the dealer.

I have HEARD the K/O's are not the greatest in the snow and especially ice. Zeons are fairly new but some people could have had two winters on them by now.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dang dude, if you can get those KOs M&B for 235, I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

They're gonna be a LOT better than the stock crap. I didn't have any problems in the snow (8+") with 5/32s on my tires. The only time I couldn't move forward was when I would push snow to the brush guard, then stop, then keep going. I'd have to back 'er out and then get going again.

That was nothin. 2wd right there.

-rockstate

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got BFG A/T at discount tire for 209 each before tax mine are 275-70-18. I got them Tuesday.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have run the BFG T/A KO's, on my 4Runner, Tacoma's and now my Tundra..
Great Tire..
You won't go wrong at that price..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I can get a set of Toyo Open Country AT's for about $20 cheaper then the BFG's.
What works better in snow...Toyos or BFG's?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I'd go with the BFGs for $80 more.

You will probably get a few more miles out of them and they traction should be better. The BFGs are the modeled after tire in the AT category.

They've been in the winner's circle more times than not. Besides, the Toyos look like street tires, no offense.

I've seen 'em on a lifted F150 (6" with Westin brush guard) and it didn't look good. No definition to 'em. You see the BFGs on a 6" lifted truck and it looks mean.

-rockstate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts