Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 DC 4X4 Tundra with leveling kit. Looking for some good tires with a little extra height that won't break the bank. So far I see that the 275-70-18 is probably the most economical choice while still getting some extra height.

I drive on road mostly, just need the 4x4 for Glamis (Sand) and to take my quad out somewhere so I don't need anything really that aggressive (So far in my experiences the 4x4 was the most important thing not so much tire, but that's because I don't do any aggressive off-roading). Let me know if anyone here can give me some direction, I'm looking around on tire-rack and found these BFGoodrich tires... these are the commercial ones BFGoodrich Commercial T/A All-Season

also looking at the rugged trail...might be a little better for those off-road moments... BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A

My priorities are 1) a little extra height than stock 2)nothing crazy aggresive 3)not expensive 4) not a huge hit on MPG

Thanks so much for your time.

Eric

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just put on the 285/65 /18 BFG KO. @ $1100 . Nice tire, a little expensive but I tow a toy hauler into Glamis and Pismo. Wanted a 10 ply. So far no real loss in mileage , only one road trip.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
You will notice a bit of a drop with the KO but, ultimately, they are like a MT in normal off-road situations. Sure, they need a bit more wheel spin but they are pretty solid.

Taken me everywhere I need to be as well as pull out a Jeep on 31" Cooper STTs (as well as another Jeep on stock Michelin's and even another Silverado on KOs in the same pit). BEfore it was all rutted out (Thanks Jeeps), I could do it with a hair of wheel spin where a stock DiscoII got stuck.

-rockstate

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been reading around a bit and it sounds like the LT will give me a rougher ride. Do any 275 70 18 tires exist in the P rating? If I'm not mistaken this should give me a smoother ride, and I don't haul anything heavier than a quad so I think it would be adequate. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and ordered the P275-70-18 bfgoodrich rugged trail t/a. Looks like it should be a bit less aggresive and since it comes in the P rating should keep things comfortable.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would have picked the All Terrain T/A's. The rugged trail is OEM and a POS! Ive got over 20k miles on my 305/65/18's with no appreciable wear. The ride is good, traction in sand/snow is awsome ( not in mud though ) and I paid $900 for a set of four.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't need much off-road capability, just enough not to get stuck in the sand. Hopefully these will do the trick. :/

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
I don't need much off-road capability, just enough not to get stuck in the sand. Hopefully these will do the trick. :/

....and Thank You For Your Service!

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts