Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the majority of the BHLM done last night, i did 4 coats of flat black paint and it looks killer, but in the corners there is concentrations on little hairs and fibers as well as on a few other parts of the painted lens. Is there anyway to safely remove these without harming the paint job, or am I screwed?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think if you remove them you will damage the paint. If you haven't sealed them up yet. You can try removing the debris and then light sand that area and shoot a few coats on paint over it and it should look fine.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
^This. I'd sand with 2000 grit, see if you can get the debris out. Then top it off with 1 or 2 additional coats as necessary.

Ain't painting out of a booth a biatch? I feel your pain!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suck at painting and taking my time with anything. I tried my best to go slow and take it easy on these but blasted inside the wedges and corners on the final coat, think that is where all this stuff came from. i will give it a shot tonight.

Has anyone else tinted the orange reflective lens in the headlights? I bought some VHT nightshade and sprayed 2 coats on mine, should look pretty awesome. Now Vleds just needs to get the the drl dual function white/ amber turn signal lights off backorder!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Yep, I had the turn signals tinted in my first retrofits on my black truck. Left them orange on the second set, kinda liked the factory look plus it makes life with inspection easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts