Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread kind of spins off my thread for the radiator foam piece alternative...I have been on a journey for a company to make billet parts for our Tundra. I do have some one off AC knobs I had made from the billet company that did all my billet on my Magnum. But they just seem to busy to make anything for the Tundra, plus they said the interest is just not that great from the Tundra forums as they tried. This latest journey started to just get a billet radiator piece to replace the foam in front of the radiator. But I had a vision of wanting more.

And now that a couple of members between the forums have stepped forward and had that radiator piece made, we are well on our way! Thanks to a those 2 members for sure for stepping up to bring the radiator piece alive! I have been after that for well over a year!

And thanks to gameover169 aka John! He made it over to Billet & Acrylic Fantasies in Vero Beach, Fl and they took many measurements, etc for billet parts for our Tundra. Thanks again to you bro for driving that distance to meet up with Tom!

Now I know we have some difference between the trim levels, so for those of you that find something else, and have that particular trim level, we will need to get someone over to the shop. Now we just patiently wait to see what they can come up with.

Some of the things we are looking at for billet are:

-Radiator foam replacement piece(my original reason for contacting them)
-Gas shock covers for the hood supports
-Cap for the fuse block cover
-Door sill protectors(nice to have as I have a set from another billet company)
-Caps for all the fluid reservoirs under the hood
-Replacement mounts for all the factory switches to the left/right of steering wheel
-Possibly the plastic engine cover(John left his for him to play around with)

And whatever else we can think of along the way I am sure.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
There was a guy on here a few years ago named BilletTechnology who offered to start making billet parts for Tundra. He chose three lucky people (myself being one of them), made billet Oil, Power Steering, and washer fluid cap covers and sent them to us for free, and asked us to provide feedback. Which we (or at least I) did.

Then the guy disappeared and we never heard from him again. :wtf:

I got my Throttle Body cover here:

PPD billet Tundra, Sequoia billet aftermarket parts to fit your Toyota.

Not sure if they are still making them, though.

My Engine:

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a guy on here a few years ago named BilletTechnology who offered to start making billet parts for Tundra. He chose three lucky people (myself being one of them), made billet Oil, Power Steering, and washer fluid cap covers and sent them to us for free, and asked us to provide feedback. Which we (or at least I) did.

Then the guy disappeared and we never heard from him again. :wtf:

I got my Throttle Body cover here:

PPD billet Tundra, Sequoia billet aftermarket parts to fit your Toyota.

Not sure if they are still making them, though.

My Engine:
^^That is cool stuff brother! BT or Billet Technology(Dan & Heidi) is alive and kicking..I tried to get them to come back on the forums, but people just balked at their prices and they never sold anything when they first became vendors.

They did all the billet on my Magnum, and also did the "one off" AC knobs for my Tundra along w/ the door sills. They make top notch stuff too!

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My billet hood strut covers are on the way to myself and John the member whom they used as the test fitment truck. Also he has started on the caps, but will take a couple of weeks as he is slammed with other projects.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^HAHA! Man I would never sleep..I would make everything in my house billet!

Got the strut covers today and they are top notch! Just need my truck to put them on! LOL Should have truck back in my possession tomorrow late.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fuse box plate done. Caps should be finished today. Tom says the pic does not do it justice as that is the sky in the reflection. This is not some cheap billet, but top quality. He makes billet for many places, etc to include billet and acrylic trophies for shows. I wanted him to make a complete cover, but maybe less than (5) of you guys would put out the $$ for what that would cost. So I told him not to worry.

He listed it eBay already, as forums never turn out to be the promise that one would think. LOL But this will sell well on them late nights surfing ebay when you just have to buy something for your ride!! :D Remember you get what you pay for, and solid billet is not cheap to begin with.

Toyota Tundra Billet fusebox cover plate FREE S&H | eBay

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay after talking to Tom this morning, looks like we are going to get you guys the Climate control knobs that many have PM'd me about between the forums..I still have my extra Climate control panel /w knobs that I will be sending him..Not sure why I did not send this to begin with! LOL

Below is the knobs I had made about a year ago from another billet place.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Engine caps installed. Engine a weee bit dirty. I did not get a chance to get the radiator cap on as it started raining today. And I do not have a washer overflow tank, so that one will not be used.

High quality stuff!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
how much were the ac knobs? I used to frequent avic411 and had a guy making knobs for h.us with cheap plastic knobs that chipped and would also dip anodize them in black or a couple other colors..

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay he got the climate control piece today I sent him..He can make the knobs!! But do notice the knob closest to the steering wheel is angled so it will set a weee bit off like mine does in the above pic earlier in the post. But it cannot be seen from outside the vehicle. Not sure why Toyota made this like this. But really not a bothersome thing to me.

He will be making the whole front of the climate panel in billet too along with the switch covers. I know some have different switches instead of blanks. He as an idea for that and I will post the results when he does his first mockup.

Knob set will be around $75 as they are rather large and (4) of them as you know.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice work.
There is no mark on them to tell you where the setting is? Stock mark lights up which is nice feature too...that is too gone here?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts