Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Bilstein 5100 Leveling shocks installed at my local shop yesterday. I had it set at the 2.5" height. I went a whole three miles and the front right suddenly dropped. Looks like the C clip gave out or something. Anyone have this issue? What happened?

I just dropped the truck back off to see what the damage was/is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like the spring plate was installed upside down

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I had the Bilstein 5100 Leveling shocks installed at my local shop yesterday. I had it set at the 2.5" height. I went a whole three miles and the front right suddenly dropped. Looks like the C clip gave out or something. Anyone have this issue? What happened?

I just dropped the truck back off to see what the damage was/is.

I Desert Rat hit it right. I am curious what the shop had to say and were there any further damage? You might want to post where this shop is at for other TS members to avoid.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Yikes.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Check the other side as well, see if they did it right on that side.

Get your money back and take it to someone who can read instructions, cause they come with the shocks. MAKE SURE NO OTHER DAMAGE such as bent shock, UCA, etc.

I have all 4, and that is installed error!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! You guys nailed it.

Initially, I got a refund and had them put it back to stock. Later, I double checked the installation instructions and showed him the picture of the shock. They agreed it was installed in error and ordered a new shock. I felt hesitant about having them install it again, but since they are working w/ me I thought I'd give them a second chance.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Sounds good man, so there was no damage?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks guys! You guys nailed it.

Initially, I got a refund and had them put it back to stock. Later, I double checked the installation instructions and showed him the picture of the shock. They agreed it was installed in error and ordered a new shock. I felt hesitant about having them install it again, but since they are working w/ me I thought I'd give them a second chance.
Wel,l what would you expect? Imagine if you had an accident due to their mistake. Make those suckers earn your business -- like free gas for a year? But again, you live there and I don't. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Yeah installed upside down, with it installed the right way the spring cup holds the c-clip in the groove so it doesn't pop out like it did on your truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts