Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been just over a year of so that I had the Bilstien 5100's installed. They are great no regrets!. the only thing I will need to do is add the CV boot mod. I crawled under the truck today (dropped a wrench while installing a gatorback) and noticed some flung grease from the boots. It wasn't a lot but it was there.
So if you are going to level your truck with he 5100's also do the boot mod.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had them set on the middle setting and I got grease leaking out after only 2 days, so I did the mod. Now I'm on the top setting and no grease leaking still.

·
Registered
49 Posts
whats the boot mod cause mine did the samething but hasnt since. I got the 3" spacer lift on mine.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size tires you running? Got a pic or two you could post of how the truck sits?
Check my gallery. I have a couple of pics there but will add more.

Since the install of my 5100's I have put a set of Firestone air bags as well as a compressor and tank and now the truck has a slight rake to it . I usually keep 20LBS in the bags and still that keeps the back up higher then the front a little. right now the shocks are set one from the top, I would like to move it to the highest setting this summer.

I am running 265/75/17's if I remember right. Gonna have to go check tomorrow.

·
Registered
567 Posts
whats the boot mod cause mine did the samething but hasnt since. I got the 3" spacer lift on mine.
Just get some large hose clamps with the worm gear, i think 4" was the size, and then replace the clamps on the big end of the inner cv boots, and thats it. been running this for awhile now without problems. some people put the clamps over the existing clamps and get pretty good luck also, to each there own. let me know if you have any questions.

Andrew

·
Registered
222 Posts
Check my gallery. I have a couple of pics there but will add more.

Since the install of my 5100's I have put a set of Firestone air bags as well as a compressor and tank and now the truck has a slight rake to it . I usually keep 20LBS in the bags and still that keeps the back up higher then the front a little. right now the shocks are set one from the top, I would like to move it to the highest setting this summer.

I am running 265/75/17's if I remember right. Gonna have to go check tomorrow.
Yeah I checked... can't really see your truck in those pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will have to check that out and see if that would be a good mod for mine

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts