Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at tundra's with the 3/1 lift, I've decided that I want more lift. I do not want the 6" lift because for 1. it costs too much and 2. I don't have the money for bigger tires etc.
I was wondering if I could put the bilstein's on at the mid setting (1.5") and run a 2" spacer to give me a total of 3.5" lift? Another option is running the bilstein's to the max setting (2.5") and running a 1" spacer. I haven't really found a 1" spacer but I could have sworn I have read about them on here.
Would doing this cause any wear on my truck? I have read that you can't lift the Tundra more than 3" unless you replace some things, but would half an inch over 3" really wear on anything? The 3/1 lift looks good, but I want a little more lift. I think a 3.5" would look fantastics myself!
Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
no. 3 inches is pushing it as it is. i could barely get mine to line back up and bolt back together. and alignments are just about at their max whatever. u cant stretch it safely beyond 3 inches. and putting a spacer on the 5100s is, as has been discussed before, a no no.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Drop bracket lift - just a bit different than spacing out the front suspension. That's in the same league as the 6" lifts.

Tag - chad you're back in. (on a related note, don't google "Tag Team" with the safe search off cause it's not all wrastling stufff)

-rockstate

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's a drop bracket lift?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It can be done and it will still be able to be with in alignment specs. I installed the truxxs 3 inch spacers and the bilstein adjustable shocks. I set the adjustment of the shock at the lowest setting which adds almost another inch to my lift. check out my profile for pics.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It can be done and it will still be able to be with in alignment specs. I installed the truxxs 3 inch spacers and the bilstein adjustable shocks. I set the adjustment of the shock at the lowest setting which adds almost another inch to my lift. check out my profile for pics.
Must have had your alignment done at a better shop than me. Are you getting any outside tire wear?? I looked at your pics and your truck looks great with the 22" trd wheels. Large Wheels are usually not my thing but that looks great! You'll have to keep people updated on that lift set up as you get some miles on it. I have all the lift I want but I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would love to have another inch or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts