Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never payed much attention to the sticker, but this caught my attention today when I was going through my paperwork. Take a look at the color description. :D

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I has obviously been altered, the orginal said Slate Metallic and you know it.:devil:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not believe it until I went out and checked mine.. It really does say that..

LOL
These trucks have been out for a few months and I can't believe this has just been found. If you don't have a black Tundra you might want to run down to the dealer to check it out. (That is, of course, if they have any in stock.)

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I do have to admit...Slate Metallic is pretty bad a$$ too.
As much as I don't want to admit it, the Slate is the next best thing to Black.:eek: Oh god, did I just say that out loud?

I was leaning towards black, but I saw a black one being unloaded when I was making my choice, and I am lazy. I don't want to even think about trying to keep that clean.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The black must be more aerodynamic, you think they would charge more for that color then?

I was going to go with Black or Red, but the Black in stock was the Long Bed with Sonar. Don't need either.

Went with the new Radiant Red, but that Salsa Red is sweet. My thinking was how many Radiant Reds can there be ( just 07) versus Salsa Red.

Any of the colors are sweet as they are Tundras! Could be in pumpkin orange or that 1991 Teal and I would still drive it! :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Black is faster. Harley owners have known this for years. That said - i think my slate 5.7 with TRD exhaust will give you blackies a good run.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, and I thought I was the only one that noticed that on my sticker!! I pulled up to a hate(sorry, slate) metallic today with the 5.7 as well and he turned off his engine...is my black that intimidating? :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well then red must be second fastest (it is kinda neat how the red in the 5.7L matches the body). Most sports cars are either in Black or Red right? Yellow is popular too, but Tundra has not done that yet.

There is a jacked up Ford down the road from me in Yellow. At first you kinda think I don't know... but it does grow on you after awhile.

My mothers first reaction was "You are going to get more speeding tickets in red". I was like no mom, the radar gun is color blind and if aything gets me a ticket it will be the 5.7L V8. VERY easy to exceed speed limits in a truck. If you are in a car it feels like you are going fast. So many times on the highway to my work, posted 50, I look down and see over 70.

Same road I have had 2 warnings, 1 ticket, and another 1/2 warning.. (Officer coming other way, flashed lights and pointed down... but kept on going... as I did a whew he didn't flip around).

So now I use cruise control at 52-53 as these police here are sneaky and hide in the weeds as you are coming around a bend.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Radiant "FERRARI" red here:devil: ....but black still looks the best, until you have to wash it again, like 15 mins after its clean.;)

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I was going to go with Slate/Red Rock, but may go with Black/Red Rock because it seems like Slate is almost as difficult to keep clean as Black. I could see small scratches and the dirt pretty clearly with the Slate Tundra at the dealership about a month ago...
Any Slate owners concur? Or is it real easy to keep clean?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I was going to go with Slate/Red Rock, but may go with Black/Red Rock because it seems like Slate is almost as difficult to keep clean as Black. I could see small scratches and the dirt pretty clearly with the Slate Tundra at the dealership about a month ago...
Any Slate owners concur? Or is it real easy to keep clean?
Nope, it seems to stay fairly clean looking. I have had mine for just over 2 weeks and it has not been washed since Easter. Took a road trip over this last weekend, in the rain, rain has been on and off all week, and it still is not embarrassing yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have had both black and red....red is diffinitely faster. Anyone care to bet on the black one as below?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Slate may be slightly easier to keep clean than black but not much in my opinion. Mine shows dirt very easily. I think 75% of the trucks I've seen are slate. I wish I would have gotten another color. I think I like the radiant red best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
slate is stelthier,
At the strip it actually gets to the finish line before the starting beam light gets broken:p

·
Registered
528 Posts
Black is the fastest....the fastest to get dirty

1 - 20 of 33 Posts