Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 Sequoia repeatedly has black fluid spot spatters and "runs" on my driver's door. For several months, I thought it was road tar. However, that can't be true in the winter time in the cold temperatures. I checked in and behind my front tire area to see if I could detect any leaks and saw nothing there. Any ideas on where this fluid could be coming from?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmm...odd indeed. What sort of consistency is this stuff? Thin, thick, oily, greasy, tar-like, soft, hard, sticky? Got any pics? For something to wind up on the door, there are only a few paths...one of which, being flung up there by the front tire...and that can only happen if the substance is on the tread or outer wall of the tire, so that eliminates many of the potential sources from your own vehicle.

I've often have tar-like stuff on my side panels, and it's usually grease from the roads....from trucks, etc. You'd be surprised how much grease ends up on our roads from big rigs due to the 5th wheel (and/or other joints) being greased a bit over zealously.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Sounds like the channels that drain water are leaving the mark. Do they happen to be in the exact same place/parallel from each other on the driver and passenger side?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
im sure its not this issue but i figure id throw it out there anyway, theres been some tundra owners with autodimming mirrors that have failed and leaked some of the liquid inside that does the autodimming function...this has dripped down onto the door but from what i recall its almost impossible to remove.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts