Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any pics of a radiant red second gen with black headlights? I'm wondering if I should take the leap.

TIA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link.... guess I should've searched harder.... some good examples.... appreciated!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Its well worth it to do makes the truck look one off. Olny problem i had was the head lights were to big to fit in my oven so i used a heat gun instead took me about 5 hrs but was very happy when done .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking at the pics I think I'm going to stick with the chrome for a while... I'm really loving my 2010.... I'm thinking the only thing I want to change appearance wise is the rubber and the height/rake.

This is the truck now..... the steps are actually different. I have the brushed Toyota one's now.... they had the wrong one's on for delivery...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Its well worth it to do makes the truck look one off. Olny problem i had was the head lights were to big to fit in my oven so i used a heat gun instead took me about 5 hrs but was very happy when done .
what kind of oven do you have? i cant imagine one too small for a headlight..unless its a tiny apartment in france one or something....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Anybody have any pics of a radiant red second gen with black headlights? I'm wondering if I should take the leap.

TIA
Here you go bro. I think they look great on Red Trucks. I say you go for it! :tu: Best of all it doesn't make your headlights any dimmer and less visible like tint would. This is one of the best and cheapest mods for a Tundra!

This was a pic right after i did the mod and before i installed the towing mirrors:

Heres the truck after a level lift and BFG KO's added:

Front Angled Pic:

And here is a front shot: If it looks like the lights are tinted there not, just a dark day.

"WannaRedTundra" also did the black headlight mod on his truck but hes got a color match grill, looks great on his too!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Here you go bro. I think they look great on Red Trucks. I say you go for it! :tu: Best of all it doesn't make your headlights any dimmer and less visible like tint would. This is one of the best and cheapest mods for a Tundra!

This was a pic right after i did the mod and before i installed the towing mirrors:

Heres the truck after a level lift and BFG KO's added:

Front Angled Pic:

And here is a front shot: If it looks like the lights are tinted there not, just a dark day.

"WannaRedTundra" also did the black headlight mod on his truck but hes got a color match grill, looks great on his too!
Love the blacked out badges!!!:nod: Did you do that or can you buy them black?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Love the blacked out badges!!!:nod: Did you do that or can you buy them black?
Thanks man, and no i did it myself. I posted a couple threads on how i did it too if your interested. If it something your looking into doing, ill send you a PM with the details.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Paint them red. RHLM:D
I actually saw a picture of a tundra with the "RHLM" and i don't know if i cared for it. Its definitely something different and unique but it just didn't look right in my opinion.

But to each his own right? :afro:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think its a must as far as mods go looks great. Black headlight.jpg IMG_5842.jpg IMG_5850.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts