Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching the threads and everyone points to acorn style lug nuts for factory alloy wheels. But, my truck has the longer, cylinder "tuner" style lug nuts. I want to change them all to black lug nuts, but I can only find acorn style lug nuts. Wheeler's sells black "OEM" style lug nuts for over 4$ each. Was wondering if I have any other options?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
At $4 a piece, I would grab a sheet of sand paper and a can of black paint and get busy !

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Are you riding on stock wheels or aftermarket? Of they are aftermarket I would get the acorns but not for $4 each! That's going to be over $100 after shipping! For that kind of money they better be some incredible nuts! Try checking Big O Tires if there is one near you. I found they are fair on prices.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the stock alloy wheels. I'm not going to get new rims until my tires (less than 6K on them) wear out. One of my lug nuts broke as in the "end cap" broke off. It's still prefectly functional except it's cosmetically hideous. It looks like I'm missing a lug nut from far away.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
If that's all you need, just get one nut! That price is too high for a set of nuts. I have a full set of nuts sitting in my garage from my stock wheel. They aren't the best as far as cosmetics, but if you just need a nut, let me know. I'm in Riverside, not sure where you are.

Go ahead, giggle, there is no way to not make this conversation sound funny.:lol:
Anybody remember when I needed new nuts? Funniest thread ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts