Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 regular cab 4x4 long bed. It has cloth seats and grey interior, I just bought a set of Katzkin Redrock leather seats and I want to change all the plastic pieces in both seats and the center seat from grey to black but toyota wants around $800 when its all said and done. That is a lot of money for a few plastic pieces. Anyone out there has the parts or a suggestion?

Thanks

HLeston

·
Registered
889 Posts
The best and cheap way is to leave them alone. I painted them from gray to black when installed black leather covers. It hold up very well in most part... using SEM dye spray cans. The parts where the seat belts are.. won't hold up good!

If I were to do it again, I would leave them alone. Unless you poke out $800 to replace them.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah painting them never works out...wont hold up. try ebay from time to time. good luck. and what color did u go with with the seat covers? i know u said redrock but they dont have redrock, which color do they have that was closest? i think redrock is the bomb in these trucks, just friggin awesome....if i were getting another one i'd get one with it...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Put an email out to some junkyards. It might take a while, but it's better than painting them I think.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Well, I'd go ahead and paint... it is cheap and honestly the results may not be as bad as you think they would be. All Toyota does is paint their plastic -- they're just slightly better at it. But if you aren't too rough on the inside of your truck and you have the ability to do some small touch ups here and there than I don't see how that would be a problem.
On the other hand, if you plan on re-selling it or trading it in anytime soon, I'd probably hold off on doing it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts