Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if that darn hood scoop came out yet?

I am also looking for some black rims for my sequoia
that look good, and fit my factory tires, any clues?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Check out www.hrewheels.com. I was looking for black (or some charcoal color) rims as well and had a tough time finding anything other than the steel ones. HRE has tons of optional finishes on their wheels. The lowered TRD Tundra SC show truck had HRE wheels (they were a carbon color). The yellow Hotchkis Tundra also had black\carbon HRE rims. HRE rims make the sweetest rims I have seen. The only other black rim that I know of for truck\suv is made by Jaos. That wheel probably would look more like an off road rim than the HRE. You can check them out at www.jaosusa.com. They have pics of the rims on a Sequoia. I'm not sure if either company offers a 16" rim. I believe that 17" is the smallest.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Lukesky,

haven't heard anything new on the hood scoop, but i agree w/ the fellas on the JAOS rims. the Victron Excel II Pros come in gun metallic (basically a really dark charcoal) and come in 16s. IMO, probably the best looking dark colored rim out there, expensive, but worth it if you've got the loot. here's a pic: Victron Excell II Pro hope this helps! :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I just had another idea. You could always go for a bunch of Tundra spares. They are black and fit just fine. The whole black spare for all the rims thing is not my bag but it seems float the honda guys boats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
JAOS Victron Excell II Pro

LukeSky,

I recently had the Victron Excell II Pro gun metallic rims installed with BFG 285/75 tires. I think they look great, but I have had three yahoos thinking my factory wheels and tires were stolen and these rims are spares. Some people just aren't ready for the black out look.

matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts