Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the black soot above the exhaust on the white trucks? I have a 2010 DC 5.7 with the 18,000 miles. I do have the Toyota chrome tip installed on it and have moved it even further out to see if it would help. I washed truck today and noticed it still has some soot on it, but not as bad. I called the dealership and service manager said they ran rich at start up and that is where it was probably coming from. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I got black soot markes on my truck too if it hasnt been washed in a while, i got an after market exhaust with a chrome tip too and it gets a soot ring around it and you can see it on the chrome bumpers if the truck hasnt been washed in a while, no big deal exhaust gases are just dirty, take your finger and wipe it in the exhaust pipe, youll see what im talking about. Lol

Nothing to worry about bro, but if it does bother you get a tip with a turn down so the exhaust gases are blow down on the road instead of just straight out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep I have a 2010 white tundra and it has the same thing.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i never had that issue with my 4.7 with the stock exhaust...but that was only a month or so and then i went with duals out the back. mine dont have any soot at all, not even inside the tips. they are kinda a rusty lookin color though haha

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it may have been running to rich or something all the time. That is what i get for thinking. The way these computers are set up I don't think they could adjust it if they wanted to.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had this problem on my white Tacoma with the 4.0 V6. I have not had it on my Tundra with the 5.7.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it may have been running to rich or something all the time. That is what i get for thinking. The way these computers are set up I don't think they could adjust it if they wanted to.
Ya got nothing to worry about, like i said before if it really bothers you that much take off the chrome tim and put a turn down tip on, i think those look kinda cool too. Or get a preformace exhaust and run it out the back. :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am just going to get duals ran straight out the back so problem solved. Good excuse for an upgrade on exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts