Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this truck before but I just got it back from the paint shop today and was excited to get some new pictures since it was such an amazing day here in Tacoma. I had the grille repainted and the mirrors smoothed and fully painted (previously just the chrome cap was painted). All these were taken with my Nikon D60, kit 18-55 and Nikkor 50mm. Hope it works for some of the critics out there. Right click the pic and select view image and you'll get full sized!

Thanks for looking

Edit: Like I was saying below, new two tone black TSS decals showed up...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently this site needs to shrink the pictures :angrywife:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very nice man. But where are your center caps?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. They're simply in the garbage. They sucked :td:

·
Registered
390 Posts
makes sense

·
Registered
741 Posts
very nice pictures truck looks awesome bro :becky:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
295 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love your photos Lou so thank you! For some reason most folks (on this site) don't appreciate this style. But it gets looks everywhere all the time. It's a pretty fun truck. :happy3d:

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
FAWKIN killer bud!!! i need to get rid of that gay bling blang on my mirrors! i need to get my welds polished too, or powdercoated, then my exterior will be nearly complete.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I love your photos Lou so thank you! For some reason most folks (on this site) don't appreciate this style. But it gets looks everywhere all the time. It's a pretty fun truck. :happy3d:
I don't appreciate any truck that is blacker than mine! :second:
I like the mirrors, I thought about painting mine black too but I couldn't see it sticking since it has that bumpy surface. Good thinking to smooth them out first then paint, now I feel dumb for not thinking of that! I like those wheels too, with no center caps.

Darth Vader award points sent.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FAWKIN killer bud!!! i need to get rid of that gay bling blang on my mirrors! i need to get my welds polished too, or powdercoated, then my exterior will be nearly complete.
Right on! The mirrors are a ***** to paint, as mine have been done now twice. The guy that just did them had to paint them twice so just find a really knowledgeable shop and they can make it happen.

I don't appreciate any truck that is blacker than mine! :second:
I like the mirrors, I thought about painting mine black too but I couldn't see it sticking since it has that bumpy surface. Good thinking to smooth them out first then paint, now I feel dumb for not thinking of that! I like those wheels too, with no center caps.

Darth Vader award points sent.
Haha I've been itching to swap out my bedside stickers for something more stealthy. As a matter of fact just today I had the idea of having a custom sticker made to the same dimensions and just using all black vinyl so it's "ghosted" in the paint! On the mirrors, my new shop I found (thank goodness) does all custom stuff so they had the idea to smooth them initially. The last painter that did them was straight up told to paint the whole mirror (minus smoothing) and when I show up to drive my truck home he had just done the cap. I wasn't happy about that but it worked I guess.... until water started making it's way behind the paint and peeling it up. So as a result, I did this!

·
Registered
390 Posts
The ghost decals would be sweet. do it, and take more pics.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
X2 for casper decals :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guess I have to follow through now :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Very nice job on the detail. I like it!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All black! Black windows, black mirrors, black wheels, forgot one thing! Black lug nuts!
:confused:
Thanks. I specifically didn't want black lug nuts. I wanted some color contrast in there so I got neochrome, kinda the same effect as chameleon paint but they only seem to show up as gold in the pictures :beatsme:

Very nice job on the detail. I like it!!
Thank you! It's hard to keep it up as a daily driver.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I'd send points for the chameleon nuts but I have to wait. It's hard to go full black, that's why I went with chrome nuts and trim rings on my wheels. :tu:
Although I must admit the thought of powder coating my wheels bronze and the rings black is on my mind.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts