Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the shopping mode for a new Taco. I presently have a Tundra in Black and when it's clean, damn it looks great. When it's dirty, well it looks like crap. For those who own the Black Sand Pearl, how much of a pain in the arse is it to keep up? It almost seems to border on a graphite type color. I don't care for reds, I originally thought I wanted white but have since changed my mind. Silver won't work since I've owned a 4Runner and a Taco and Tundra in silver. The indigo is nice but not anything I'd consider as it's just not for me. Then there's the blue and sand mica but well ya guessed it, not for me lmao. That brings me to the Black Pearl which looks sharp to me but just wondering about the maintenance factor.

Thanks
BM

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've have a red '91 SR5 and a silver 97 tacoma (seem to be starting a collection) but I love my black sand pearl 06 tacoma. That said, appearance initially good, paint wear BAD!!! The paint is so thin that it scratches nearly every time you open the door, the lower panels are chipped right through the protective coating, and the fender flares have lost all colour on the lower edges after only 10K. I love this colour on this truck and would never change my mind, but I am seriously considering having it repainted with a decently quality black sand pearl paint.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
It's no more of a pain, than any other black vehicle... But I've had dark colored vehicles all my life... Guess I'm used to it...

·
Registered
141 Posts
When it's dirty, well it looks like crap.
I disagree. When it's dirty, it looks happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts