Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to go to the track today but man there was so many people there I only got to run twice. I still have to work on not red lighting with the new drag radial compared to steet tires!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14.02 I couldn't get any traction

·
Registered
29 Posts
110mph is moving for a 5000+ truck. You picked up 13mph just by putting on drag radials? What size are they? Where you at IFO at NPR? I was there for an hour but felt like **** after stepping off Bourbon street at 4:30 am, so we left early to head back to Shreveport. Guess I should have stuck around. Congrats on 12's!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys looking forward to another day at the track.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
110mph is moving for a 5000+ truck. You picked up 13mph just by putting on drag radials? What size are they? Where you at IFO at NPR? I was there for an hour but felt like **** after stepping off Bourbon street at 4:30 am, so we left early to head back to Shreveport. Guess I should have stuck around. Congrats on 12's!
The drag radials are the nt555r's from nitto 305/45/18's They hooked up good. I was impressed.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
That is good to hear, as Nittos are the least sticky of the Drag Radials, with MT being at the other end of the scale. The Nittos last the longest however, so if they are giving enough bite as-is, you are golden. :tu:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The drag radials are the nt555r's from nitto 305/45/18's They hooked up good. I was impressed.
Nice! The nitto's definetly last longer than Mickeys or BFG's. Are you runnng a shorter tire up front too? Thought somone else had TCS issues wth drag radials due to the smaller OD?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I went and got some used tires to put on my factory rims that were the same height as the drag radials. I had no problems with anything I even left the ALSD on.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Nice! The nitto's definetly last longer than Mickeys or BFG's. Are you runnng a shorter tire up front too? Thought somone else had TCS issues wth drag radials due to the smaller OD?

I had that problem, but I was running a 4" shorter tire in the back than the front. TCS Goes crazy if not turned off.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
OMFG another 12 second tundra....................................................... I'm pretty sure that DC's are faster than regular cabs now haha. Btw your truck is 4x4 right?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMFG another 12 second tundra....................................................... I'm pretty sure that DC's are faster than regular cabs now haha. Btw your truck is 4x4 right?
Nope just a regular 4x2

·
Banned
444 Posts
Jason just launch from about 2k, when 3rd yellow light comes on, unless ur running pro tree, Then mash that bastard on any sign of yellow light-age.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just as soon as I can get back to the track!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jason just launch from about 2k, when 3rd yellow light comes on, unless ur running pro tree, Then mash that bastard on any sign of yellow light-age.
That's what I thought I was doing. Maybe I have to let the 3rd light light up for a half a second before letting my foot off the brake.:D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Wow those slicks really came in handy

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I couldn't have run 12's without them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts