Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone hase the dyno app from the blackberry app world? Reviews look promising.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a cell phone app....

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you know that your iPhone or BlackBerry Storm can be used as a portable Dyno? Now, thanks to Bunsentech, all car enthusiats can use their iPhone or BlackBerry Storm with one of the Dyno applications to record how much real Wheel Horsepower (WHP) you are actually putting to the ground.

How It Works
The Dyno application (Dynolicious for iPhone users, DynoStorm for BB Storm users) use the accelerometers in the phone to calculate your speed. The accelerometors are used from your GPS system so the Dyno app just utilizes what your phone already offers. But, as we all know, good things in life aren’t free.

What It Costs
Luckily, both Dynolicious and DynoStorm are just $12.99 from your phone’s application store. Compared to the $0.99 games available this may seem like a lot, but for a car enthusiast it’s a win-win situation. The average 2-3 runs at a shop would easily cost you $200 or more. The Dyno application is a one time purchase and you can use it multiple times and for multiple cars. Check out more info and features at dynolicious.com.

The Results
I wanted to get an iPhone for awhile now, but after hearing about this app it took me over the edge. After getting my tax refund I finally picked one up and shelled out the additional $12.99 for the Dyno app. The money spent was well worth it and I couldn’t stop playing around with the features.

I own a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit with an ABD Cold-Air Intake and Unitronic Stage 2 ECU upgrade. During the “Dyno-Day” at a local tuner shop, 034 Motorsports, I signed up for a special promo that gave me 2 free Dynos with the purchase of Unitronic’s ECU upgrade. As you can see from the chart, it didn’t give me that much of a horsepower boost, but that’s expected with a naturally aspirated (N/A) engine. Note that the chart is showing Wheel Horsepower (WHP), not the power to the crank, so my Rabbit is putting down 150 HP and 170 lbs of torque.

Armed with solid numbers coming from a professional Dyno, my challenge was to achieve those numbers, or something close to it, with my handheld Dyno. The Dynolicious app is straightforward – you input the weight of the driver and the car (look up your car’s total curb weight online). If you want to find out how much WHP you’re making set the “Drivetrain Loss” to 0% and calibrate the phone from inside your car so it’s relatively level. For tips on how to make your runs effective with your phone and get accurate results visit the online manual located inside the “Setup Tab” in the application.

After a couple of runs I finally reached my mark of 150 WHP with the application. The results also show your 0-60 MPH, 0-100 MPH and more. With a little practice, patience and a nice straight line, it’s possible to get a good idea of how much power your car is putting to the ground without spending the $200 at a shop.

Idk seems good to me

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I'ts only 12.99 just buy it. I'd be willing to bet it isn't worth a sh!t

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i fugered ide see if anyone on here had it first looks like am going to have to. All the reviews about it says its amazing and just like that gforce one that u stick on your windsheld.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a iPhone app that does dyno-lateral G's, braking G's, lap times , various mags have reviewed it and found it to be fairly spot on.

One of my sports cars has work done to it. I'm always trying to see how many G's I can hit on a corner or very hard braking.

Great tool for bragging rights with your mates.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:tu: good to know i just bough it and am going to take a run on it tonight to see. :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
:tu: good to know i just bough it and am going to take a run on it tonight to see. :D
I'll be watching for the update. One question though, how will you know it's accurate??

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well for the most part my truck is stock so it should be close to stock numbers

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
i've heard it's pretty accurate too. While I wouldn't race pink slips on it, it'd be a great alternative for when bullshtting with your friends about what your truck will do.

If/when I pick up a Android/iPhone, I will be buying this first day.

I know that my truck will, stock, run 6.0 and 14.5 0-60 and 1/4 respectively. I know that with my mods, i'll be looking at around 6.5 hopefully. No more than 7 i'd have to say.

-rockstate

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK so me and my old man slippers took off about 40 mins ago did 2 pulls with this thing. 0-60 5.98 0-100 11.61 1/4mile says 13.30sketchy HP 653 def RONG. If it had that much power ide sh** myself driveing it and it would be one bad a** truck. i think the
0-60 and the 0-100 are rite.
I am not running the spare tire on my truck or the big rear bumper and hitch eather little liter then most of you close to 100 pounds.

Also Jersey Roads SUCK. trying to rip on the truck well bounceing around kinda hard especially with old man slippers

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I would think that the two times would be pretty accurate because it measuring first movement to 60mph which gps is pretty good at. I have no idea how it measures hp but obviously not very well! Were you sure to put the phone somewhere that it couldn't move at all. I remember reading on itunes one time that that is what's most important.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both times i put it in the cup holder but faceing the rong way and it probly went flying back good call ill try again tommrow/tommrow night.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yeah maybe the results will be more accurate but I don't know where to put it so it can't move... Maybe shoved down in the seat or something. Post back so we can see. thanks

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Yeah maybe the results will be more accurate but I don't know where to put it so it can't move... Maybe shoved down in the seat or something. Post back so we can see. thanks
He could tuck it in his waistband like a gangsta.:D Agree the 0-60 and 0-100 should be fairly accurate. HP not so much.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
He could tuck it in his waistband like a gangsta.:D Agree the 0-60 and 0-100 should be fairly accurate. HP not so much.
Hilarious! I'm glad there are at least a few of us on here at night. By the time I leave work in the moning I am the last poster on a lot of threads!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just cause am from jerzey doesnt mean am hood :p I said i was rearing old man slippers how hood is that lol and there furry :tu:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hilarious! I'm glad there are at least a few of us on here at night. By the time I leave work in the moning I am the last poster on a lot of threads!!
It is good to know and funny ones to ,am just unimployedand going back to school and well school out for summer :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It is good to know and funny ones to ,am just unimployedand going back to school and well school out for summer :D
I work nights and sit in front of a computer for 8 hours!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts