Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the calibers and then I had to bleed the system. When I finished bleeding the brake light is on but I have enough break fluid in the master cylinder. Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thanks

Sorry if this question has already bee asked.. I am newly registered and am just settling in. Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
On these trucks the master must be FULL to the hilt, basically flowing out for that stupid sensor to shut off. Or you unplugged the sensor.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not true. If you have good brakes and they feel fine, drive the truck. When I put my thrid rear and new brake pads on the front of my truck I had to bleed all the brakes. I bleeding all of the lines filled everything up, started the truck and the light stayed on. I drove it right back to the house and checked all my lines and the fluid and everything was fine, I een bleeded everything once again to make sure. It took mine a couple hours of driving to turn off. You are right though most of the time itll go right off once you fill it up. But i think if you lose all the brake fluid and lose all that pressure, it takes the sensor a little while longer to figure out everything is back in spec. When you bleed your brakes, you dont want the pedal to go all the way down to the floor in the process. The pedal going all the way down while bleeding your brakes, could result in a seal going out. I have never followed this rule/tip but I have heard of others on here talking about putting a one inch block for the pedal to hit. Makes sense to me, maybe i should do this next time I bleed my brakes.:D

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Moved to Brakes forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts