Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this would have been a simple install, except the wiring harness is designed for a tacoma, i had to add more wire to each connector. their instructions are for battery direct hookup, i tried to wire them into the low beams, not happening, i will figure out away to have them come on and off with the low beams, other than that, they look great, the colored outer ring is really trick, here are some pics'

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the lights ordered and on their way but haven't looked at the truck in depth as to where the lights go. Are the black fog light covers in the bumper clipped in and could just be popped out?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The blanks in the bumper for the fog lights can be popped out if you carefully pry the leading edge closest to the center of the bumper. A thin blade screwdriver can be inserted between the plastic cup and the bumper (careful not to scratch your bumper).

Once those are out, you can see where the OEM lights would mount, but you can't really reach anything from there. You will have to remove the front wheel well liner. There are two screws at the bottom, two square-shanked body clips at the lip of the fender, and one round body clip at the side of the frame.

I cut the flat back of the blanks to fit the driving lights (aftermarket) I installed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did you use the dashboard blank to install your fog light control switch? If so, which one? I'm wondering if you have to have a OEM switch for that, or if the Bling kit fits in a Tundra hole.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you use the dashboard blank to install your fog light control switch? If so, which one? I'm wondering if you have to have a OEM switch for that, or if the Bling kit fits in a Tundra hole.

Here's a picture of the switch I installed. The dealer didn't have an OEM switch so I ordered this one. Had to dremel the back to make it fit but not the front. This way you can replace the blank if you want and return it to stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love that switch you have, can you please let me know where you got it?

I got the switch from the dealer. Part #00550-35976. cost was $20

·
Registered
52 Posts
How did you attach the bling light to the black cone? Did it attach to a mount in the back? Don't say you super glued the lights to the black cone?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
look at my pics, and you will see that i used pieces of rubber tie downs, glued to the ears of foglights. once you cut the hole, it should just be large enough for the ears of the foglights to squeeze through, for tight fit. make sure the back of the foglights are flush up against the cutout. the rubber tabs are just a simple way to hold them in place, this allows you to twist the lights in the housing, so both lights are verticle matched. one other thing, as mounted, the aim is perfect. that switch is from radio shack, it is a two position switch only. hopes this helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
that is a CLEAN job........just in case others wants to find these Bling fog light, you can find them on EEEEBAY.....
I think the whole kit its around $80.00

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one thing i should mention, the glow ring around the light went south after a week, to kidish for me anyway, caution, the wiring harness is designed for a very narrow vehicle, like a tacoma or a small car, if you use this harness, you will have to add wire everywhere to make this harness, lights are working fine but wiring harness sucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did you get the wires to run from outside of the truck to the inside of the truck? Did you threaded through one of the rubber "thing" where all the factory wires went through?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you build your own harness, you should install from right to left, looking from inside, work the wires along the bumper, tuck and secure. when both light wires are connected and grounded, run the wires up vertically towards battery, make hookup, then run wires along the fenderwell, then into the firewall, a cable with rubber boot, makes good access into firewall and under dash.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the firewall is where the brake booster and brake fluid are attached

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's a picture of the switch I installed. The dealer didn't have an OEM switch so I ordered this one. Had to dremel the back to make it fit but not the front. This way you can replace the blank if you want and return it to stock.
I just got same switch as You and I'm thinking if I should get HID fuegos or just halo.What did You get and If thats halo is it bright enough?Are You happy with those? Tks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts