Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum. I own a 2006 Tundra & recently had a new TPMS sensor installed due to damage. I had to take it to the dealer for programing. A few days later the TPMS indicator came on & started blinking. At first I thought it was a pressure problem, but all the tires checked out ok. Does anyone have a clue what would cause this to happen?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Did you check the pressure in the spare? If all the pressures are good take it back to the dealer, maybe they didn't get it programmed right??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pressure in all 5 tires checks. The dealership had to program the sensor. It worked fine when I left. It started blinking the day after I gave the dealership a bad CS review. Incompetence with getting the sensor to Sears (they broke the sensor, replaced it at no cost to me, & reimbursed me for the cost of the reprogramming), jacking the price up $40 from what I was originally told, & the Service Advisor was just generally unprofessional.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
The whole TPMS system in our Gen 1 trucks is sh*t.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, it isn't just the Gen 1s. Mine (Gen 2, 2007) Also has the light come on intermittently. It blinks and then goes solid. Did it from the day I got the truck. I took it back to the dealer and they added and let air out. It was so bad after they "corrected" the air pressure I didn't get to the street in front of the service garage before it popped on again!

I am in Texas and needless to say temperatures get a bit extreme here and that seems to be where I have issues. Or on long trips where the tires warm up. The dealer wanted to put helium or some such gas (forget now) in the tires in order to prevent expansion and contraction from heat - at like $20 a piece. What a scam. I figured for that I'll just ignore the light. It really sucks too because it would be nice to know if you were actually having issues with pressure in the tires but really, they are pretty much as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
blinking mean there is a issue with a sensor,, steady means you pressure is low..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts