Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

2003 Access Cab - Blower motor for the A/C, heater seemed to only be working on the high setting. I took it out to take a look: with the fan setting on low, med1, and med2 I get nothing, turn the switch to high and it kicks on.

I don't think it is the motor since it does seem to work fine on the high setting. I'm planning on getting a new resistor from the dealer, but I 'm not sure if there is anything else it could be. I don't want to start replacing more parts than necessary.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing with my 2003 Tundra and eventually my high speed would not work at all unless a slammed over a speed bump to kick it on! I read similar post and decided to examine the blower myself. I took the blower out (located under the passenger glove box-circular housing with 3 screws) I unplugged the electrical cable and took off the white plasic fan blade by taking off the top clip and prying off fan with wonder bar. Also, I had to get a small flat head driver to wedge out the little locking tab before prying. Once off, I noticed a lot of compacted dust particles inside the motor so I blew out extensively with an air compressor and put back together....and wha-la, my fan works on all speeds now. I believe each fan speed is controlled by a different electrical current and I'm lucky my lower speeds didn't burn out while the motor was caked up with dust. I imagine that the voltage for the high speed switch was strong enough to break free the stuck motor than lower speeds. How this helps your situtation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts