Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed over the last couple months that when I switch from the defrost with heat over to cool air like ac etc I get a rattling noise in my dash. Im just wondering have any of you experienced this and what is the action of repair? I now have 33,000 miles on my 2008 Tundra and would like to have it fixed prior to my 36k warranty is up. Thanks

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
How is your AC blowing/cooling? Try hitting it and see if it stops. I had my blower motor replaced last year and I am afraid that I will be getting it replace again this year.

·
Registered
379 Posts
did you recently change the interior air filter? I had a couple of leaves fall down in there when I changed mine out the last couple of times... three bolts and the motor is out for you to check it... it's pretty easy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill check and see I replaced my cabin filter last summer sometime and it had a couple leaves in there then. But the ac works fine as well as the heat but the sound is more of an annoyance to me but wondering if down the road it may go out

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My only issue is I cant seem to always get it to reproduce the sound it just goes on and off. But thanks for the info I will call and ask them if they have heard or seen any other Tundras doing so

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same thing earlier this week. Seamed to change when I changed the vent settings too. I pulled the air filter out, and reached down and found a leaf sitting in the fan. Put it all back together and the noise is gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts