Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I got my custom made aggressive cam put in today, made it sound better with the Thorley Shorty Headers, Diamond Plate Super 44's, Volant CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, and rear cat. delete,supercharger,Tuned Unichip and custom gear drives.After all this was installed I took it for a spin and decided to do a nasty burnout. After I did it I slammed on the gas down a straight away to hear how it sounded and heard a loud pop noise and my engine started bogging down. I looked under my truck and blew out my driveshaft. My buddy only makes custom performance parts so he can't do it. Is there anywhere who could fix this?:confused: :sad3d:

·
Registered
43 Posts
dang man that sucks!! but at the same time thats awesome!!
how much is a new drive shaft from the stealership?

pics?

any quarter mile times? i am pumped reading that

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
That's interesting... Am I the only one that's surprised that the driveshaft couldn't handle the extra power?

Flow --- where did it break? Just the U-joints, or somewhere else?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will post up drag times as soon as I get it fixed. The whole driveshaft exploded. I've dynoed in at 726bhp. The dealership wants around 2 grand. I think I will keep looking around for a cheaper price.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure yet. I was told it blew out. My neighbor told me because he is a car expert. I will ask him which one blew out. I'm just wondering when I will be able to drive it again. I'm stuck driving a new Dodge Ram 2500 for now. :(

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
popo i broke one in a crown vic once...not fun hahaha. (it had been scraping against a screw that was too long from our shotgun mount) but yeah, u feel hopeless when it breaks..and motor just spins hahaha.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
popo i broke one in a crown vic once...not fun hahaha. (it had been scraping against a screw that was too long from our shotgun mount) but yeah, u feel hopeless when it breaks..and motor just spins hahaha.
Right, revs but no moving. But his bogged down???Hmmmmmmmm???

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just bogged down n I tried revving it after it happened. I guess I need a better and stronger drive shaft.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I will post up drag times as soon as I get it fixed. The whole driveshaft exploded. I've dynoed in at 726bhp. The dealership wants around 2 grand. I think I will keep looking around for a cheaper price.
Did you guys catch this??? 726 HP!!!!! Holy crapola!!! I think he has the record for HP. If I was you I would have a custom built drive shaft made for ya. If you buy a stocker you will just blow that one. It also may be bad because if your drive shaft is strong it will put the stress somewhere else in the drivetrain. If you run slicks at the track there will be even more of an enormous amount of stress.You are going to be the one who finds all the weak links pushing that kind of HP.

·
Registered
270 Posts
726bhp!!! wow!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been working on this motor for a long time. I finally got it done and blew the driveshaft. I think I will find the strongest one you can make for this truck. I will replace the Supercharger with a custom twin turbo kit soon and push around 1000 bhp. I may run Mickey Thomson ET Drags soon.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy used to work for a Monster Truck and NHRA Garage so he can make custom things for cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
What kind of torque numbers were you getting?

I'm assuming your truck has a two piece driveshaft - I'm thinking the center slip yoke is the weak link. I've never liked the design of split driveshafts as they can cause lots of dynamic vibration problems. When I look at the one piece driveshaft on my truck (reg cab) it's hard to imagine that it would be a weak link seeing how large in diameter it is and how big the u-joints are.

You are probably the first person to discover the limits of the Tundra's drivetrain :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Well guys I got my custom made aggressive cam put in today, made it sound better with the Thorley Shorty Headers, Diamond Plate Super 44's, Volant CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, and rear cat. delete,supercharger,Tuned Unichip and custom gear drives.After all this was installed I took it for a spin and decided to do a nasty burnout. After I did it I slammed on the gas down a straight away to hear how it sounded and heard a loud pop noise and my engine started bogging down. I looked under my truck and blew out my driveshaft. My buddy only makes custom performance parts so he can't do it. Is there anywhere who could fix this?:confused: :sad3d:
you guys know hes full of crap right? he aint puttin down that much HP. heck, he doesnt even have half/all these mods. about half hour before this post he responded in the best mod thread

Thorley Shorty's, Diamond Plate Steel FLowmaster Super 44's, 2 Dynomax Ceramic Spun Hi Flow Cats, Front Cat. Delete, Volant CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, and having a custom made aggressive cam made for the truck and ordering a supercharger.

um..one time he has rear cats deleted with dynomax hi flow cats...the next time he has the front cats deleted....which is it? then most importantly, he says having custom made aggressive cam made...and ordering a supercharger....

then half hour later he has teh cam installed and the supercharger installed in order to get to over 700hp....um....yeah.....helps to keep your stories straight in fantasy land...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.