Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 CM LTD I am experiencing a 4-5 second lag on connecting to incoming calls.
Doesn't matter if I answer using the nav button or steering wheel button.
Service manager paired his Blackberry & re-created the issue as I am having with my iPhone so I don't think it's the phone.
Apparantly this is a 1st for Toyota & I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or can shed some light on it?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2008 DC LTD is slower than I would have anticipated when using bluetooth. It seems to me that the first call I receive takes maybe 3 or 4 seconds to answer... although I've never timed it. I've gotta say that I've never been unable to get the call in time. It's the only vehicle I've had with this feature... I just assumed it was "supposed" to be that way. My bottom line is I think it's quicker than you think, it just seems slow when you're travelling at 70 mph!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man.... I'd agree if I wasn't sat in the parking lot at the dealership with the service manager when we tried it with his phone.
For the money I paid for this truck it's just another quality issue I've noticed.
My $250 parrot system on my 05 worked way better than this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2010 CM LTD I am experiencing a 4-5 second lag on connecting to incoming calls.
Doesn't matter if I answer using the nav button or steering wheel button.
Service manager paired his Blackberry & re-created the issue as I am having with my iPhone so I don't think it's the phone.
Apparantly this is a 1st for Toyota & I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or can shed some light on it?
Thanks
ukpaul: I don't have CrackBerry nor iPhony, but my Nokia E71 has no lag connecting to incoming calls whatsoever. It also connects almost instantly whenever I start up the vehicle, much faster and better than the Bluetooth in my Acura. Same with the Bluetooth media streaming for music.

However, I don't have Navi so wonder if that's the difference?

Also, the Bluetooth implementation by Toyota is much more intuitive than Acura's. It works the way I think and how I want to use the Bluetooth. For examples, when I receive a call, the ringtone plays through the stereo system. I can dial using the phone and it knows that I still want to use the truck's BT. I can switch back and forth manually between BT and phone without ever dropping the call. When I am on a call and turn the truck off, it switches automatically to the phone without dropping the call, and switches back to BT if I started the truck again. The Acura doesn't do any of these.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ArizonaOne, thanks for the reply, maybe I am not conveying my issue as clearly as I should. It only happens when I receive an incoming call, it rings I answer it whether it's via the steering wheel control or the green phone logo on the nav &.... nothing.
So now we are conected but it's dead. It takes about 4-5 seconds of hello hello hello (from me) & then I'll hear the callers voice, usually it's another 5 seconds of complete confusion from the caller such as 'can you hear me now?'
before either of us can have a normal phone conversation.
This is only on incoming calls. I've learnt to answer the call then wait 4 seconds prior to speaking & it seems to save the confusion but obviously it's not right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an iphone and do not experience this issue. I do not have the Nav system so maybe the issue lies in that direction. I work on aircraft electronics and let me tell you, they can do some weird things. Each plane has its quirks and we generally live with them.

This is my first vehicle with bluetooth and I love the convenience.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I have a Blackberry Tour and I do not have this issue...I do have the NAV system...

Also, I never answer using the "soft" on screen button, only ans with the phone itself or the steering wheel ans button...B

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am using the Palm Pre and I have zero lag. I would double check that you have the latest firmware installed on the iPhone. As almighty and loved as the iPhone is it is not without memory leaks and such. Wait until 4.0 comes out then try it. Just because you update on the day of the release doesn't mean that Apple hasn't tweaked some things a couple of days later and not made it known to the public. My dad has a bluetooth set up with his Dodge and updated the firmware to find out that it was working much better after he installed a upgrade. Also, don't ever update iPhone upon firmware release. Wait about a week later to do it. That way Apple has had some time to get some of the bugs out. Yes even with Bluetooth..

my .02

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had a 2007 DC and currently have a 2010 CM. I have to say the Bluetooth in both worked flawlessly. At least I never noticed any lag. Sorry for your troubles.

Steve W

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The service manager called me this afternoon, he spoke with Toyota who now say I am not the first to report this problem on the 2010 Tundra.
He wanted to know what version my Nav disc was, after looking at it apparantly it's 09.1 which is the latest version.
He informed me he'd get back to me once he had more information from Toyota

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome. Thanks so much to everyone for your input.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toyota are telling the service manager iPhones & his nextel (which he confirmed the problem with) are not on the list of approved phones for the 2010 Tundra.

Wickett is your Tundra a 2010?

Anyone else driving a 2010 with Nav & using an iPhone??

Considering the iPhone has not let me down, looks like the truck will be going first!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts