Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to "turn on" bluetooth on my 2010 Tundra? My Droid isn't recognizing my truck, but the Droid will try to pair with cars that are nearby. The bluetooth signal that is shown in the owner's manual that should show on the radio, isn't there on my radio. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
do you have controls on the steering wheel?

if yes, follow the directions, if all else fails take it back and have the dealer do it. Thats what Ive had to do a few times (had to change phones for work).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have controls on the steering wheel and ii have followed the directions in the OM probably 15 times in the past two days. I know it is probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. I may have to take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
That's what I had to do and need to again. Something about the phone picking up the reception from the radio (bluetooth). I make my saleperson do it each time (make him earn that check he got).

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Push the BT button on your steering wheel...then push the talk button on the steering wheel and say phone setup. Next make sure your Phone is searching in BT mode. Next follow the directions of what the robot lady says. Remember everytime you have to do a command you have to push the talk button wait for the beep and say whatever command prompt you need...also you can look into your tundra manual it usually is located in the glove compartment :lol:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Which glove compartment? I have two. ha ha

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
good point...its the one located in the engine compartment underneath the 10hp+ 5.7L engine cover secret compartement.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Oh, the air cleaner.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Some phones just have a hard time connecting. Damn conspiracy theories.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It took me about 10 tries to get my gzone boulder to pair with the radio. make sure the phone is in discovery mode and try pairing, when it is found it will show up as car multi-media.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have the Droid. I was able to just follow the prompts from the Tundra bluetooth. When it comes time for the truck to search for the phone, you need to make sure the Droid bluetooth is turned on AND then you have to press "scan for devices" from the wireless and network settings.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No problems pairing my Droid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, it took 2 salesmen, one assistant manager in the service department, the service manager, a sales manager and two hours before I walked out to my truck, attempted to pair the phone one last time before it worked. I still have no idea what was going on. I asked if I could try to link my phone to a new Tundra just to see if it would work and it connected on the first attempt.

The assistant manager paired his phone, but couldn't get mine to pair. Then the service manager tried my phone with the same result. Every employee wanted to blame the phone, even though it would try to pair with every bluetooth device that happened to be in the area (including the Tundra I mentioned earlier).

I have no idea what changed that allowed it to pair, but it is paired now and is working fine.:noidea:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Good Job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can get my wifes Droid X paired but the problem I am having is it will not ring through the truck. the phone only rings. On her last phone the LG Dare it would ring through the truck. Any help with this would be great.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts