Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I picked up my truck last week the guy at the dealership tried to pair my phone for me and it wouldn't work, he said to check my phone manual but thats long gone. I tried a few more times myself and was unable to get my phone (which is an LG Shine I think, the metal one) to pair to the bluetooth system. I also tried my wifes LG phone and a friend tried his Iphone and no luck with anything... I'm stumped. The trucks bluetooth says its searching, the phone is "visible" and searching but they both just time out after a while. Does anybody have any advice? I can't imagine that searching online for the manual for my phone is really going to help me here, I've paired it to my old bluetooth headset before. My truck does not have the Nav system, just the basic stereo and handsfree system.

What the heck am I doing wrong!??

I've tried searching this but found mostly people with nav who have paired but can't upload their contact list, not really any info to help with pairing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so during my trip out to BC last weekend I figured I'd try again and it worked! I was actually using the hands free system until I lost cell service out in the mountains. On the way back I tried to use it again and it wouldn't work... I've tried a bunch now that I'm home and the vehicle handsfree is listed in my phone but when I select it to connect it just times out and says the device is either not turned on or out of range!? Tried to re-pair it just to see, wouldn't work. WTF is the matter with this thing?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Ok so during my trip out to BC last weekend I figured I'd try again and it worked! I was actually using the hands free system until I lost cell service out in the mountains. On the way back I tried to use it again and it wouldn't work... I've tried a bunch now that I'm home and the vehicle handsfree is listed in my phone but when I select it to connect it just times out and says the device is either not turned on or out of range!? Tried to re-pair it just to see, wouldn't work. WTF is the matter with this thing?
Doesn't your truck have a manual that describes this function? It should tell you how to pair it to the truck in there...I'd have to look it up myself cuz I don't remember...check it out.

B

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it does but no it doesn't. It just says to do the steps that I did... (as far as pairing)
Anyways I don't know what was going on but I've now got my personal and work phones paired and working. Hopefully it keeps working now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts