Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Highlander Hybrid with Nav and am trying to get it to accept my phone numbers from my phone. How long does it take to transfer the phone numbers from your phone to the Toyota phone log. It seems like it should be fast to me, but after several miniutes it still shows transfering. It doesn't say it but is there something I need to do on my phone to make the transfer?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have an 08 Highlander Hybrid with Nav and am trying to get it to accept my phone numbers from my phone. How long does it take to transfer the phone numbers from your phone to the Toyota phone log. It seems like it should be fast to me, but after several miniutes it still shows transfering. It doesn't say it but is there something I need to do on my phone to make the transfer?
Hey bob,
there have been several threads about Bluetooth issues and phones not pairing/not transferring data. The data transfer should happen relatively quickly (not more than a few seconds) provided of course your phone is able to transfer data to the navigation system. If you are finding that the navigation system isn't receiving them, 99 times out of 100 (or maybe even 999 times out of 1,000) the issue is that the phone is not able to transfer, not that the navigation system is having an issue.

I'm not sure how much progress Verizon has made (I have been away from the actual dealerships for over a year and a half now) but they were notorious for their phones being unable to transfer to Toyota/Lexus nav systems. It was something with their software that prevented it from happening. My suggestion is that you have someone else pair and try to send data (with a different phone and carrier). This was how I used to test the system with Lexus customers when they presented this problem. Best of luck, and if I can help at all, let me know!

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... did the search and it seems like the Motorola KRZR will not transfer the data. Verizon 's software is a pain in a lot of different ways. I'm hoping to upgrade to the Motorola Inferno (Krave2) as soon as it comes out, it's in testing with Verizon now and that is supposed to have some of the software upgrades from the Krave. Hoping it won't be a long test cycle.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks guys.... did the search and it seems like the Motorola KRZR will not transfer the data. Verizon 's software is a pain in a lot of different ways. I'm hoping to upgrade to the Motorola Inferno (Krave2) as soon as it comes out, it's in testing with Verizon now and that is supposed to have some of the software upgrades from the Krave. Hoping it won't be a long test cycle.
Yeah Verizon's software has been difficult on a variety of different phones from the simple Razor to their smart phones. Hopefully they'll figure out that some people like to use those features and they'll include them in future phones! Enjoy the Highlander! I have driven several and was thoroughly impressed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts