Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody knows that microphone in Sequoia bluetooth hands free working very very bad. I have decide this problem (after 2 years of torments)
I have open the internal top cover and remove the native microphone.

I take new microphone from old Ericsson hand free.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been wondering if someone was going to do this. Awesome. Does it work better? obviously it probably does or why would you post. I think the ideal spot, for me anyways, would be to put an aftermarket mike on the rear view mirror. I have short legs and the factory position is almost behind me! I need the mike more in front so I can speak more directly into it.

More details please. Did you have to soder the new mike's connection? Wonder if anyone's done this as well, where to get a microphone? etc..

Good job

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bluetooth working very well now! I recommend to repeat everyone my experiment.
You can buy new Electret_condenser_microphone in any radio shop. You can install new mic instead of Sequoia mic. Put the mic in "native place" under the holes. I have solder mic connections. It was very easy.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
You know what i did...ripped out the BT JBL radio replaced it with pioneer Dvd player...way cooler...and bought a boyo Gps/rear view camera screen that takes the place of my rear view mirror. I cant stand fixing Oem crap...good on you though it was a good idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts