Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does it work for those of you who have it? sound quality for the other person on the phone?

do you have NAV or not and whats the difference? this is important to me as i spend 2-3 hours in the car/day usually

·
Registered
528 Posts
I love it...I can't have a vehicle without it. My dodge had it, my MINI currently has it and now the Tundra. Sound quality is fantastic as I have done many conference calls using it and nobody has said a word (coworkers or family).

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have really enjoyed mine. I have asked several people on the other end about sound quality, and everyone has said it sounds fine.
I have the nav, and I think that there is a lot of functionality with the Bluetooth that I cannot use with my Treo. I'll try to synch my wifes phone, and see if you get more features like caller id and voice dial.

·
Registered
357 Posts
How does it work for those of you who have it? sound quality for the other person on the phone?

do you have NAV or not and whats the difference? this is important to me as i spend 2-3 hours in the car/day usually
The sound is very good with the windows closed. I have the nav, but the blue tooth quality should sound the same with the standard jbl as well.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Same here, it is good.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have to say I wasnt to thrilled with it. The sound is good, but like all bluetooth, there is a delay and it can be real annoying. And if you have another call it hangs up on the first call. Maybe there was a setting to fix that, but I couldnt find it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have to say I wasnt to thrilled with it. The sound is good, but like all bluetooth, there is a delay and it can be real annoying. And if you have another call it hangs up on the first call. Maybe there was a setting to fix that, but I couldnt find it.
I don't have this issue at all. I have a Samsung phone on the Cingular (at&t) network.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had noticed the Treo wasn't listed on Toyota's compatibility list, but I was hoping it was on oversight. Can you not use the address book and other features with the Nav system display? I haven't got my truck yet but I'd really been looking forward to using this.:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Treo 650 with CDMA network. Roughly 1 out of 3 times I do not see calle ID, thats not biggie though. I am very thrilled about this feature and the sound is good. My friends can sometimes tell if I'm on the bluetooth. I don't have to speak louder than usual with the windows rolled up. If I roll them down I have to raise my voice ... the mic is really sensitive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
While the Treo has a lot of functionality and is a good phone and a fair PDA, it is pretty limited in the Bluetooth area. I have the "official" Treo headset, and all it will do is answer calls, or connect when a call is dialed from the phone. This is a limitation of Treo and not Toyota. If I get a chance to synch up my wife's phone, I'll reprt back on any additional functionality.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i love it and havent had any problems with it....no one has compained on the other end of the line, they just say you sound slightly distant

The NAV is a great compliment with it as it took 20 seconds and one button on the phone and NAV to upload my whole address book...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have it with Nav and like it more than others so far. I used it with a Blackberry Pearl, 7130, Razr and Pocket PC 8525 and all work great. However, I have not been able to successfully upload an address book yet, guess I need to rtfm, and sometimes I get caller ID and sometimes I don't. But the sound is great and mic position is perfect, just over head in center so everyone in car is heard.:tu:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have it in my DC w/o nav and it does great!! It has a problem understanding my southern acsent sometimes. HA HA.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts