Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I purchased a new cell phone with bluetooth and it links to the JBL system 100% and works really well, I was surprised.

However, I am wondering if anybody has any info, or is any of the settings changable.

Problem #1 - When the vehicle is stopped call display works on the dash to show who is calling, however when in motion no call display. I checked the manual and yep that is what it says. Saftey feature! Well now I have to dig in my side, under my jacket, pull the phone to see the call display, all when driving, what do you think is safer?????? Anyone know if there is any background settings on this?

Problem #2 - Any way to adjust the sensitivity of the mic. Many people have commented that I wasn't talking very load, even though I really was talking louder than normal inside the vehicle?

Thanks for any help. :ts:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having trouble getting my bluetooth to work. I've paired my phone and added entrys, but when I try and make a dial by voice call, I don't get ringing and the phone I'm calling doesn't ring... Any thoughts:confused:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I am having trouble getting my bluetooth to work. I've paired my phone and added entrys, but when I try and make a dial by voice call, I don't get ringing and the phone I'm calling doesn't ring... Any thoughts:confused:
You have to add your own voice recording to each of the numbers you would like to call in the Tundra's menu, not the phone's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done that. When I try to dial by voice, it recognizes my voice and the name/number that I'm asking for. When I ask it to dial I don't get the phone ringing or anyhting else.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I click on the voice button and say dial "the name of party" it will repeat back the stored version I saved with that number in setup. and then I have to hit the off-hook button on the sterring wheel to actually place the call. Once hit the radio says calling, and then I can hear the ringing through the speaker.

Does it work if a call comes in, the radio shuts off and you hear the ringer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I click on the voice button and say dial "the name of party" it will repeat back the stored version I saved with that number in setup. and then I have to hit the off-hook button on the sterring wheel to actually place the call. Once hit the radio says calling, and then I can hear the ringing through the speaker.

Does it work if a call comes in, the radio shuts off and you hear the ringer?
The instant an incoming call is detected the stereo mutes and the caller ID screen appears and yes you hear it ring. Nice feature since I like my music loud and do not have to worry about missing a call.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've done that. When I try to dial by voice, it recognizes my voice and the name/number that I'm asking for. When I ask it to dial I don't get the phone ringing or anyhting else.
I didn't even know you could ask the system to dial the number via voice. I have to push the off-hook button to dial it. I'll try asking it by voice next time to see if it works in my truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't even know you could ask the system to dial the number via voice. I have to push the off-hook button to dial it. I'll try asking it by voice next time to see if it works in my truck.
yep. u gotta store the names of the contact first so the system can recognize the name and if it doesnt sound to fimiliar with another command.
btw, does anyone know how to turn down the ring? when someone calls my ears start to bleed.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yep. u gotta store the names of the contact first so the system can recognize the name and if it doesnt sound to fimiliar with another command.
btw, does anyone know how to turn down the ring? when someone calls my ears start to bleed.
I guess I should have said, I do use voice dialing and have contacts set up. What we are talking about here is when the confirmation reply of my own voice gives the right contact name readback, then I push the off-hook button to dial. I don't push the voice button again and say, "dial". Forgot to try it but will tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have my service with Alltel and i have a Razor. I am having the hardest time pairing my phone with the Bluetooth. I haven't looked in the manual yet but i figured i would try here first. It gives me a four digit number but i can't type it in my phone under a bluetooth link. Anyone know how i can fix this?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
For those with Bluetooth issue, you should check out this link.
Toyota Bluetooth Phone

It tells you what should work and what shouldn't.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Razr phone, and if I remember correct, I had to get the truck to start the searching to pair the phone, it keeps saying searching, searching, etc. While this is happening go into the bluetooth menu on the phone and select find me. When it finds it, click the save - store - or something like that, and then the phone will ask you for a passkey, which you type in and store, and the truck then responds "Phone is now paired"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts