Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched and Googled and cannot find a body lift for the 2008+ Sequoia.
Is there one? If not, how much interest is there in a kit?
I'm sure if there is enough interest, I know a reputable body lift company who might would make one.

They did my Nissan Crew Cab Frontier when it first came out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can I ask why a body lift instead of a suspension lift?
I'm not asking to be a prick, I just want to learn.
Every truck I've owned had always gone with suspension, but the thought of a body lift never crossed my mind as doing anything really more than making your truck look higher, and really no functionality.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Body lifts, especially large ones like 3", raise your center of gravity and put added stress on the body mounts (think of it in terms of leverage). Do it right and go the suspension route. In my opinion small body lifts should only be used for added clearance for motor or tranny swaps. But it's your money and vehicle.

Do you want this for looks or off road performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you decide to proceed with a body lift, then please post pictures and your opinions. There are Sequoia owners who have interest in body lifts. I just don't believe many people have went through with it yet, maybe because there's nothing specifically marketed for Sequoias. But I know there's interest out there because I have been asked a handful of times if I had a body lift on mine and which brand I used. But I don't have one installed, I just know what it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is for appearance only. I mentioned that earlier... Its the wife's truck, but she said she wanted it to look "big" like my Mega cab Dodge.

As far as extra stress etc., I have never had an issue and have had several body lifts in the past in combination with small suspension lifts. And I did stupid stuff then!
See picture of my Nissan with 3" suspension plus a 3" body lift. Same company would do a Sequoia if there is enough interest.

Only thing odd was I had to modify(reweld new brackets) to the grill guard after the body lift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is for appearance only. I mentioned that earlier... Its the wife's truck, but she said she wanted it to look "big" like my Mega cab Dodge.

As far as extra stress etc., I have never had an issue and have had several body lifts in the past in combination with small suspension lifts. And I did stupid stuff then!
See picture of my Nissan with 3" suspension plus a 3" body lift. Same company would do a Sequoia if there is enough interest.

Only thing odd was I had to modify(reweld new brackets) to the grill guard after the body lift.
Anything happen with this im looking to do a body lift

1 - 7 of 7 Posts