Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There have been several special programs on TV lately about selling body parts. In one article, rich people were buying kidneys from poorer people via "organ brokers". Prices ranged from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 all the way to $160,000.00 with about $25,000.00 average for a kidney.

According to another article, 1 in 5 in US or about 20% in US receive some type of monetary compensation for their organs.

Medical capitalism at its' finest ... sell your kidneys to the highest bidder. ... lol ... :D

Here is a link on "selling body parts" when I googled it this morning.
Human Organ Transplants for Sale

SOS

PS ... Even the Russian mob is making a profit brokering/selling Eastern European body parts. ... :eek:

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Wonder how much Lorena Bobbit would (or should I spell that "wood") have gotten for John Wayne Bobbitts severed "member". :eek:

Interesting find SOS.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
you can make a ton of money renting out your uterus too. i'd sell a kidney, but i might need it later, so i think i'll hang on to it. same reason i keep the old wheels and tires from the seqouia.

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
I would sell a kidney fo sho...any buyers:madgrin:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
one of my co workers is actually donating her kidney to another one of my co workers....kinda neat really...but i guess it would be tacky for her ask for money for it huh? hahaha

its really kinda cool, she noticed this thing in his arm from dyalisis and asked him if he was ok and he said "i need a kidney" and she said "i'll give u one" and that was that......

here's the article...guess its kinda on topic since we are talking about organs haha

Arlington police officer will donate kidney to co-worker

By SUSAN SCHROCK

[email protected]

ARLINGTON — Property room worker Vernon Griffin is used to taking criminal evidence from police officers. But next week, one officer will give him something that could save his life.

P.J. Brock, an 18-year veteran with the Arlington Police Department, is set to donate one of her kidneys to Griffin on Sept 9. The 56-year-old property and evidence technician has polycystic kidney disease and has been on dialysis for more than a year.

The two met in 1993, when Griffin, a military veteran, began working in the Police Department’s traffic unit with Brock, a traffic investigator. Even after Griffin transferred to the property room, they saw each other around the police station and stayed connected.

Last year, Brock noticed the shunt in Griffin’s arm. Griffin, who is married and has an adult daughter, undergoes dialysis three days a week for four hours at a time.

"She asked me what I needed. I said I needed a kidney. She said, 'I’ll give you one,’ " Griffin said. "I didn’t believe her. Nobody gives away a kidney like that."

After lab tests, doctors determined that Brock and Griffin are a match. Brock, who has three grown children, said that her family members were apprehensive at first but that they support her decision.

Brock said it feels good to help someone she admires who has such a great need.

"The Police Department is like my family," said Brock, 51. "To me, that is what life is all about, helping other people."

The transplant is scheduled at Baylor All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth. Brock said she hopes to return to work in about three weeks, while Griffin’s recovery is expected to take longer.

"My concerns are with Griff," Brock said.

Three of Griffin’s five siblings were also born with polycystic kidney disease, and two of them received kidney transplants.

Griffin said he still cannot get over Brock’s generous gift.

"It means the world to me. It’s like starting my life again," Griffin said. "I won’t be able to thank her enough."

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
one of my co workers is actually donating her kidney to another one of my co workers....kinda neat really...but i guess it would be tacky for her ask for money for it huh? hahaha

its really kinda cool, she noticed this thing in his arm from dyalisis and asked him if he was ok and he said "i need a kidney" and she said "i'll give u one" and that was that......

here's the article...guess its kinda on topic since we are talking about organs haha

Arlington police officer will donate kidney to co-worker

By SUSAN SCHROCK

[email protected]

ARLINGTON — Property room worker Vernon Griffin is used to taking criminal evidence from police officers. But next week, one officer will give him something that could save his life.

P.J. Brock, an 18-year veteran with the Arlington Police Department, is set to donate one of her kidneys to Griffin on Sept 9. The 56-year-old property and evidence technician has polycystic kidney disease and has been on dialysis for more than a year.

The two met in 1993, when Griffin, a military veteran, began working in the Police Department’s traffic unit with Brock, a traffic investigator. Even after Griffin transferred to the property room, they saw each other around the police station and stayed connected.

Last year, Brock noticed the shunt in Griffin’s arm. Griffin, who is married and has an adult daughter, undergoes dialysis three days a week for four hours at a time.

"She asked me what I needed. I said I needed a kidney. She said, 'I’ll give you one,’ " Griffin said. "I didn’t believe her. Nobody gives away a kidney like that."

After lab tests, doctors determined that Brock and Griffin are a match. Brock, who has three grown children, said that her family members were apprehensive at first but that they support her decision.

Brock said it feels good to help someone she admires who has such a great need.

"The Police Department is like my family," said Brock, 51. "To me, that is what life is all about, helping other people."

The transplant is scheduled at Baylor All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth. Brock said she hopes to return to work in about three weeks, while Griffin’s recovery is expected to take longer.

"My concerns are with Griff," Brock said.

Three of Griffin’s five siblings were also born with polycystic kidney disease, and two of them received kidney transplants.

Griffin said he still cannot get over Brock’s generous gift.

"It means the world to me. It’s like starting my life again," Griffin said. "I won’t be able to thank her enough."

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

There have been several special programs on TV lately about selling body parts. In one article, rich people were buying kidneys from poorer people via "organ brokers". Prices ranged from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 all the way to $160,000.00 with about $25,000.00 average for a kidney.

According to another article, 1 in 5 in US or about 20% in US receive some type of monetary compensation for their organs.

Medical capitalism at its' finest ... sell your kidneys to the highest bidder. ... lol ... :D

Here is a link on "selling body parts" when I googled it this morning.
Human Organ Transplants for Sale

SOS

PS ... Even the Russian mob is making a profit brokering/selling Eastern European body parts. ... :eek:
anyone notice the link provided is from 1998? wonder how much has changed in the last 10 years haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts