Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put side molding on their DC to protect the doors and bed yet? What did you use, where did you get it? Please post pictures if you have. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer in Canada told me that Toyota doesn't have anything yet but they could add them and paint them body color. I didn't ask them how much.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I'll hold off a little while. I was thinking about trying to use something like what is used on the sides of xterras and pathfinders. It's good and thick and looks fine, goes on easy.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Toyota Canada's website has bodyside moulding listed as a $232.50 dealer installed accessory. I was thinking about getting it to protect the Tundra in parking lots.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Has anybody put side molding on their DC to protect the doors and bed yet? What did you use, where did you get it? Please post pictures if you have. thanks
07DCMRB, hey all you have to do is go to Pep Boys/Advance Auto pick up a package (16' roll, 1/2" wide in black) should be about $15.00. Cut it in half, you can do each door and half door, the little space between the door and bed and the bed in front of the wheel well. I just did this to a bud's truck (Silver) and it looks great!! Go slow and trim with razor blade looks like it's factory...good luck, CSM-H

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I just may do that. Your friend's truck was a Tundra?

·
Registered
340 Posts
07DCMRB, hey all you have to do is go to Pep Boys/Advance Auto pick up a package (16' roll, 1/2" wide in black) should be about $15.00. Cut it in half, you can do each door and half door, the little space between the door and bed and the bed in front of the wheel well. I just did this to a bud's truck (Silver) and it looks great!! Go slow and trim with razor blade looks like it's factory...good luck, CSM-H
can you post some pics of it thanks

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Thanks, I just may do that. Your friend's truck was a Tundra?
07DCMRB and all, I'll try and get some pictures..yes his truck is a 07 Tundra DC in Slate not Silver and it looks great....this is a cheap alternative to door dings....good luck, CSM-H

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am looking to add custom-fit painted body side molding to my '07 DC 4x4 Limited 5.7. No luck on google yet, many providers do not offer it for this Tundra yet. Dawn has a product with chrome but I do not want chrome, because it stands out. I do not want to draw attention to the moldings; just looking for it to blend in. If anyone has more information, sure would appreciate it.

Cheers,
Mike
Timberland Mica
"This truck rocks"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts