Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Quick question, I recently got a set of 20x8.5 XD Spy wheels. I love em and want to put em on but I was told the bolt pattern is 5x5. Is it possible to use a 'billet wheel adapter' to make it fit my 08 Tundra's 5x150?? Or am I stuck with a set of useless wheels?? Please help, any info is very much appreciated, oh and Happy Easter ya'll.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could, if you can find a adapter that would work. I do not think they make one to go from 5/5 to 5/150. The next question is how far will they extend beyond the wheel wells with the adapters. Most adapters are 1" to 1.5" thick. You would then have to take wheel backspace into consideration. They may extend significantly farther out than you would like.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with timekeeper. You would be better off selling the rims and buying new ones.

Adapters (this is the term used when going from one bolt pattern to another) and spacers (term used when you just want width) are hard on bearing hubs and ball joints. I have ran them for years, and when properly installed they work pretty good. Now if they come loose, that gets very costly and dangerous. All my jeeps have been trailer queens, so my jeeps never seen very fast speeds for long periods of time.

That really blows, but that would be your best option IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts