Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting rid of the cheesy "coin holder" (4X2, its where the 4X4 switch goes) and I dont want the 3 pillar option (this screams engine work-turbos).

Does TRD have a boost gauge for the OEM supercharger?

Is there another location that would be cool?

TKS,

~JH

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I was considering getting rid of the cheesy "coin holder" (4X2, its where the 4X4 switch goes) and I dont want the 3 pillar option (this screams engine work-turbos).

TKS,

~JH
TRD used to have a 10 psi boost gauge for other applications, both in black and white. In addition RIjon makes a nice panel but I don't know if you want to be looking down while boosting?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

TKS,

~JH
my vote would be to find one to fit in the coin holder as well. that thing is useless. what gets me is the sequoias weve driven and sat in have a little door that closes it off to keep the coins from falling out...ours just are supposed to perform a balancing act haha.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JMSinMD.

Your right about not wanting to look down but the coin holder had to go!!! (BF is right about the holder and the more I looked at it the more it pissed me off).

Will be data logging with innovate, will be able to review the boost/AFR/EGT after the runs. Gauges for the most part are for old schoolers. If you are getting needed info from gauges its too late anyway!

Clearly the range is off (50+psi boost...can someone say "nuke"!) I have a few spare Autometer boost gauges but this one was close to the top.

Will admit the gauge fit really nice here, required minimal install and looks OEM with the crap silver bezel.

Will start a new "home brewed boosted" how-to thread soon.

~JH

·
Registered
304 Posts
TRD used to have a 10 psi boost gauge for other applications, both in black and white. In addition RIjon makes a nice panel but I don't know if you want to be looking down while boosting?

That's the gauge I'm using, got it off of ebay. I mounted it, along with my AFR gauge on top of the steering column. You're probably not going to find an A-pilar mount like the one above due to the fact that our trucks have airbags around that area. I got a video of my gauges in action but was not able to upload it here. I'll try to take some still pictures of it and post them up.

Later...

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts