Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a Borla exaust on their otherwise stock truck?? Is it worth buying one? any real gains?

I'm not gonna put headers on their and the intake is stock...just asking for some opinins....thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is anyone running a Borla exaust on their otherwise stock truck?? Is it worth buying one? any real gains?

I'm not gonna put headers on their and the intake is stock...just asking for some opinins....thanks
I am running BORLA on a STOCK 01 Sequoia.
I dont notice any gains or losses. BUT it looks good and sounds great too..
JUST an FYI...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Don't get me wrong, borla is a great exhaust, excelent finish, great welds, & T304 stainless, and sounds pretty good. But on the other hand is very pricey because of the name & material used=T304. Any stainless exhaust is going to run anywhere from 500-800 dollars, though Gibson exhausts are prob. going to have the cheapest price on stainless exhaust because they use a lower quality stainless that will get surface rust, but not rust all the way through.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in snowy conditions with alot of salt on the road, then yes go with a good quality stainless. But if you live anywhere near me in Cali or any other sunny state than I personly think stainless is a waste of money for somthing that gives 8hp max & you can't even see it, except for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts

Headers will give you more performance dollar for dollar than a cat back exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I have the borla single-side and it sounds awsome and looks great, but does almost nothing for perf.

I dont like how it takes about 5min when you first start the truck up for it to "get louder".

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't think I even thought of any loss or gains in performance when I bought the Dual Exit Borla.
And well since I drive a Beast that is called a Sequoia- I only wanted the Borla for the look.
The DIY set up was also a nice feature. I was able to install this in a few hours by myself with-out even jacking up the vehicle.

The hardest part for me was finding a 2 in 2 out muffler big enough to fit on the Sequoia.
I dont have a "TAIL BED" so anything too loud would send a drone in the 2nd and 3rd row anyhow.
TRUST ME.... I went to an exhaust shop and had a 70 series flowmaster with dual exits on for a while and it was horrible.

I trashed it... bought the BORLA and I am loving it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have borla dual exhaust as well. It came preinstalled from dealer. I dont know if there's a performance increase. It sounds nice though:D ...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my real question was will I LOSE anything..I had a Gibson on an 04 Chevy and I lost ALOT of Low end..I could stand on the pedal and it would just rumble along til the Mid range kicked in.

the sound may be cool but just dont want to lose the low end pick up

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a borla on my 06 tundra and THeres a little loss in lowend but you would never notice from the seat of your pants, I pulled my 8000lbs boat and trailer with and without the exaust and it felt the same. I dont like the borla because at 2k RPMs theres a drone and I hate it. IMO this is the first 8 cylinder truck I've owend and first dual exaust so I dont know if thats a normal soud or not. hope this helps

·
Registered
561 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts