Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow tundra owners. I bought a borla exhaust system(140238) on the 6th of February of this year for my '08 tundra crewmax. Not even a month since I had it on the truck, the piece that goes around the spare tire to the back of the driver's side fell on I295 today(3/6/2010) while cruising. It got bent and dented pretty good. I sent borla an e-mail explaining what happened, hopefully they'll replace that one piece for me. I bought that system for $1,017.
The exhaust started making a clinging metal sound shortly before it fell off. I thought the sound was coming out of the bed. Man, I feel so angry. :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Of course the question is did something break or did it just fall off?
If it broke then they should replace it. If it just fell off they will probably blame it on the installation.:eek:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Besides that piece falling off how do you like the borla. Any drone? Loud? Sounds perfect?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
who installed it? whoever did shouldnt touch it again....have someone who knows how to tighten stuff up install it next time.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Eh, you don't have to have it welded on - just make sure it's clamped on tight.

I've had my Borla exhaust for close to the entirety of my truck's miles (42K miles) and I've had the tip shake off after driving dirt roads but never lost a pipe - it just dangles there.

I have no idea why yours got lost. Even with some PB Blaster it takes a good bit of "wiggling" on the pipe to get it to slide out, but if you're driving it'll do all the work for ya if it's not clamped on.

I'm with Chad on this one.

-rockstate

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I have the Borla dual rear exit system and the fit and finish was exemplary. I agree with Chad and my Borla brother....possibly the clamp was not tightened properly....or perhaps even over tightened and the bolt was broken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts