Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the borla exhaust system ( Part # 14852 ) split rear exhaust, for my 2005 TRD stepside tundra, and even though i contacted borla in advance about it being stepside, and what not, they said yea, it will fit, upon installation i/my muffler shop found that the borla muffler is flanged far too small, anyone else have this issue?
borla hasn't really given me any useful info thus far..

·
Registered
567 Posts
Re: Borla Exaust Issue.. help?

I have the borla split rear exhaust on my truck and i didn't have any problems at all everything fit perfectly, i have a regular bed access cab though. Is your truck a regular cab by chance if it is that may be the issue on the instructions it says fits only extended or crew cab trucks. i'm sure your muffler man can make something work you like cut the flange off the borla exhaust and add a piece of pipe in to make it the right length and then while he is under there have him remove the resonator with a piece of pipe. My exhaust was pretty quiet when i first put it on and removing the resonator added a nice sound to it while still being quiet while driving down the road and comes to life when you get on it.

Andrew

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for the past couple days, i have run around end everyone just kept telling me send it back get a new one....

i decided to go to some bigger name places, instead of ma' an pa' shops, i ended up at Midas.. the guy took one look and said "i got it, no problem"
they ended up cutting the flange back coming from the cat, to make a perfect fit, this exhaust is so impressive! cant even tell its on cruising, but when you get on it, wow, just right
and the split side exit is really nice, btw ill be getting it dyno'd eventually because, with the k&n and the borla cat back system, i feel a real difference in responsiveness, and it certainly pulls harder at higher rpms, as well as a tinny drop in rpms at highway speeds (55-75)
im blown away, i haven't had my tundra for 2 weeks yet, and im a major toyota fan already!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
for the past couple days, i have run around end everyone just kept telling me send it back get a new one....

i decided to go to some bigger name places, instead of ma' an pa' shops, i ended up at Midas.. the guy took one look and said "i got it, no problem"
they ended up cutting the flange back coming from the cat, to make a perfect fit, this exhaust is so impressive! cant even tell its on cruising, but when you get on it, wow, just right
and the split side exit is really nice, btw ill be getting it dyno'd eventually because, with the k&n and the borla cat back system, i feel a real difference in responsiveness, and it certainly pulls harder at higher rpms, as well as a tinny drop in rpms at highway speeds (55-75)
im blown away, i haven't had my tundra for 2 weeks yet, and im a major toyota fan already!

Pics please! :D

Did you notice any loss of torque? Sounds nice, glad you finally got it installed. When I had my 14" Magnaflow put on it made my Tundra feel like a whole new truck due to the nice rumble. :devil:

·
Registered
567 Posts
heres a pic from the back with the borla split exhaust on my truck from back in 2008 and it sounds better over time once you get it broke in.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
^^

Looks good, I like side exit pipes as opposed to straight pipes that exit out the bumper.

Nice job on the hitch lights. :tu:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i should have pics later today or tomorrow, but i agree about it sounding better over time, ive gotten only 200 or so miles on it since intall..
at first it was verry quiet and i was kinda disappointed but last night my brother heard me nearly a quarter mile away in the neighborhood,
as far as torque, its hard to say, its possible, if i ease into the gas, say accelerating at a light, theres still tons of kick immidiatly but shorty after... it seems like acceleration is very similar..
but two nights ago, i was able to spin the tired on a dry road at 25 going around a bend uphill

bottom line since the k&n and Borla Exhaust.. low end remains similar but possibly firmer...
2000rpms to 4000rpm, Very noticeable boost, not to mention sound

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
After putting my dual outlet 14" Magnaflow I noticed a little torque loss compared to my single outlet 18" Magnaflow.

Oh well. :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
yeah it took about a year for mine to really break in now it sounds amazing. Got headers coming this week along with new y pipe. so we will se what it sounds like then and if i get some more low torque out of it.

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts