Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is a louder exaust the borla dual or corsa single my dad had a borla on his 07 dc and i thought it was quiet for the price.I am still torn in which i should get i want an exaust that has a rumble but not to loud but at the same time i don't want one that is to quiet that you cant tell vs. stock any thoughts .

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I've got Borla on mine and while it's pretty docile, when you romp on it you can hear it for at least .25 mile.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Agree with Rockstate; quiet at normal driving but when you get on it wow..nice deep sound and zero drone.

Something to consider-the duals come out the back while the single comes out the passenger side behind the rear tire so the sound will be different..two from the rear vice one from the rear quarter...the single is the farthest away from the driver which would make it harder to hear.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
the banks ones sound good too.. I listened to as many as i could find on youtube last night... they all sound good i thought, but an old favorite of mine, "flowmaster" sounded crackly and raspy,, didnt like that one..

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
the corsa sounded really throaty,, liked it..

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Another biased vote for Corsa. Masterdiagnostictech you are right in your "throaty" assesment although the videos/sound clips don't do it justice

·
Registered
15 Posts
does corsa make duels that come stright out the back. I personaly like the way that looks vrs out from behind the rear passenger tire.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
does corsa make duels that come stright out the back. I personaly like the way that looks vrs out from behind the rear passenger tire.
Nope, it's either single side exit or dual side exit, if you are looking for rear exit check out the Proforce

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I had a Banks, hated it! Drone was horrible and sounds was sub-par IMO.

No experience with Borla. I now have Corsa and it is fairly quiet just cruising around, no drone but when you get on it, people know it.
I've had many compliments on the sound of my exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't heavent heard of proforce any thougts on how it sounds. Iv seen form after form on the sound of corsa, borla and others but never even heard of proforce.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I haven't heavent heard of proforce any thougts on how it sounds. Iv seen form after form on the sound of corsa, borla and others but never even heard of proforce.
Check with Guntech, he is running one. I think ThirdHorseman had one on her original Tundra also. There may be some clips on one of the old exhaust threads on here or search youtube

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Next time; I would be willing to try out Corsa. I have mentioned it before about my Borla droning between 59 and 70 depending......

Don't get me wrong though, I don't regret the Borla at all. The HP and TQ gained in my total package with the Borla rocks. The sound is great and look is outstanding.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any mpg gain? I'm considering a cat back exhaust system for my 5.7 Crewmax and I like the Corsa design and sound. I'm curious about any impact on mpg though. Has any noticed any pick up at all in mpg after installing theirs? Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts