Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota is telling me that the Bosch Plugs I put in 2000 Tundra will damage the catalytic converter. Is this something I should worry about or are they just trying to sell me new plugs?

Thanks,
Scott
2000 Tundra

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Toyota is telling me that the Bosch Plugs I put in 2000 Tundra will damage the catalytic converter. Is this something I should worry about or are they just trying to sell me new plugs?

Thanks,
Scott
2000 Tundra
LOL wow. These excuses from the dealerships get better everyday.

Tell him the butt plugs he puts in his *** will damage his rectum and see what kinda reaction you get :D

Run whatever spark plug you want, as long as it fits in your engine. Check Bosch's website for application specific part numbers.

Personally, I would stick to NGK or Denso though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I installed Bosch plugs on my camry and it ran like CRAP!! When I took it into the dealership to get it serviced the tech told me that BOSCH plugs and japanese motors dont mix. I had even bought the expensive ones for it too with the four electrodes. He ended up installing NGK Plugs and it ran just fine afterwards. Go figure. He might just be right.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Listen the bosch +4's will make your vehicle run like crap if one of the electrodes is between the flame and valve when the mix comes into the cylinder. I had them on my silverado and had to take them out because they made it run like crap. Put normal platinums in and she ran like a champ. I'll never install them into anything I own ever again.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
German Plugs German car, Japanese Plugs Japanese Car, i have ran Bosch P4's in my 93 PU and will not again just due to the noticable increase in Pep the Denso's Platinums had compared to the Bosch P4's. Do not think either plug will damadge either vehicle just prefer Japanese performance increase that was noticable to me in my Japanese engine:)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Seen where Porsche has been working with Toyota to build a Hybrid Cayenne SUV. Probably old news but new to me and just wondering if the Australians will be the only ones that can afford them?:eek:

·
Registered
635 Posts

Thanks,
Scott
2000 Tundra
Sounds like a pant load to me.

I do know a Toyota MDT on the yahoo toyotas only group said the bosch platinums were junk & to stick to the ngk or nippondenso irridiums. That's what I've been running on the last 2 vehicles & the cars ran fine. Not cheap at almost $16 a pop, but I only had to install one set.

I remember replacing & setting points every 3 to 4k & replacing plugs every 10k on my old dodges back in the day. Clean & regap plugs every oil change, grease a hand full of zerk fittings. I don't miss that at all...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm running Bosch platinum 2 for over 8k now and no problems $7.50 a pair at Wally World. And yes I felt a difference. Of course I had them sign a non aggression pact thats probably why they work :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used some top of the line Bosch platinum in my 2000 2UZ and two of the plugs arced out of the ceramic in about 15k, those individual coils per cylinder must be hot. I now run the NGK BKR6EYA and have had no problems, I have to order them from the parts store in a box of 16 but they work great and are cheap. I would stay away from the platinum plugs since it is so easy to get to the plugs and change them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts