Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see an intro section on this site, but I could be blind. Just thought I would share...

I had a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. Worst truck, ever. I just couldn't keep up with fixing everything on this stupid truck. 6 speed release bearing issue, motor mount issues that I know were going to happen, had to lift it because I couldn't put 200lbs in the back without it bottoming out, calipers were seized one day, oil leaks, overhead console died, stereo deck died, cruise control sporatic, etc. It looked great on the outside, though!

I replaced the Taco with a Tundra TRD, 4 door, silver, with 47k certified with 5 year bumper-to-bumper. I am hoping to have better luck with this truck. The power rear sliding window is cool! Definitly quiter and smoother than the taco. I will miss the Taco in some ways, but the peace of mind will be nice for a change.

I'm literally broke after the purchase, so I won't be modding any time soon. First mod is a toss-up between a new deck with pac audio adapter and Ipod/Aux/USB interfaces or a Tonneu cover. Eventually would like a nice Exhaust and maybe an intake. I have a 91 Supra with a 1J swap to finish, so I need to take it easy. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Congrats....any pics?

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I think you are going to enjoy the Tundra. Mods will come soon enough.

Post some pics and share. Congrats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I pick her up on Thursday and will post pics as soon as I can! I can't friggin wait!
The v6 in the Tacoma was really peppy, but I'm glad to be in a v8 again :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I picked her up yesterday morning.
Met the mechanic and he said he put new rotors, pads, did something with the rear brakes (can't remember now), changed out an ebrake cables, oil change, and air filter. They need to replace the passenger side mirror because the motor doesn't work in it. It actually came in today, but never called back to make appt for install.
I still need to check her over a little more underneath to make sure everything is good. I looked a little today, but not anal like I usually do.

The trucks drives really nice. Smooth, effortless, and quiet. I already am planning on my first mod, which I should pick up this weekend some time lol. I found a tonneu on craigstlist brand new in the box for $150.

There is a small dent on the tailgate, which drives me crazy. Going to get paintless dent removal quote soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Attached pics of the tonneu and first tow. Friend of mine bought a euro 79 323i. Sweet little car.

Also ordered:

KENWOOD KDCX994
PAC-TATO (factory amp integration)
SWI-JACK (steering wheel integration)

Just waiting on the deck to arrive. Can't wait!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
1st thing I did when I bought my Tundra was sell the bed cover. I don't like to be restricted in anyway with the bed of my truck. Also, just don't like the way they look. Congrats on the truck. This is my 3rd tundra and like you I just sold my 02' Taco to purchase my Tundra.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good looking truck congrats :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts