Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2000 Tundra, xtracab, V8, in forest green. It has 230K miles on it, but I believe it has been well maintained.

I'm looking items that should or could be upgraded relatively easily. Two things I have on my radar are to (1) replace the center console with one from a Sequoia, and (2) to upgrade to the larger brake caliper's present on 2004 - 2006 gen 1 Tundras.

Any other suggestions for such straightforward upgrades, either in terms of improved aesthetics ala the center console, or improved functionality similar to the brake upgrade?

Thanks!

Clark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jonesy. I know the radiatior has been replaced, but I'll make sure to check the fluid and make sure there's nothing milkshake-y about it.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Besides your lifestyle for driving a 17 year old truck? (mine's only 15, BTW) lol

Ask what hasn't been replaced/maintained that's obvious. (i.e. brake fluid, greasing of the U-joints, tranny fluid, recharging of the AC, etc). How well does the truck hold alignment? Do the LCAs/UCAs or steering rack bushings need to be replaced? Ball joints, tie rods, etc. - all maintained? Bulbs on dash display blown out?

Reactions: Goshawk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend seeing if the frame recall applies to you.

Toyota replaced my 2002 frame, took about a week to do it and gave me a loaner. $0 out of my pocket.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have a 2006 and frame recall does not apply. Bought some FLUID FILM cans and had my mechanic spray the frame inside and out, whatever is assessable while on a lift. Will have then do this yearly as preventive maintenance on the frame.

Supposedly you need to be living in a state that salts the roads in winter to qualify for frame replacements on Toyota Tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check on the last time the timing belt was replaced.

Polish/replace headlight lenses if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts