Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the plunge last night on the wife's 4Runner. Galactic Gray with Gray interior. I ended up getting the V6 4x2. We live in Virginia Beach, Va. and I just can't see having the extra weight and maintenance because of our climate here. Ended up buying the V6 because dealer spent three days looking for my color combo with a V8 - couldn't locate it on the East Coast. I was getting ready to leave and he asked me to drive a V6. Mind you, I'm coming out of a V6 Highlander (2007 - wife is the primary driver and she had it for three months and told me she didn't like it for various reasons). The Highlander, believe it or not, has quite a bit of road noise. The V6 in the Highlander is 215 HP and 226 torque (something like that). I wasn't impressed with its power, and that's probably because my ride is a 2004 Tundra AC 4.7L V8. Well, drove the V6 4Runner and couldn't believe it. The 4Runner was every bit as quiet as my Tundra going down the road (this is no small feat - the Tundra is one of the quietest vehicles on the road, I don't care if you're talking Infinity, Acura, etc. It's amazing). The V6 in the 4Runner was very powerful and smooth. Very impressed. Anyway, I also got the sun/moon roof, climate controls, etc.....

I pick it up today at noon. I think the wife is going to like it. She drove my Tundra for about a year and a half while I had a mid-life crisis and bought a 2.0T Jetta. She got used to sitting up high and she loved the power and smoothness of the Tundra.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the wife actually wants the V8 4x4, so we're using the "three day exchange" policy at Checkered Flag Toyota in Virginia Beach to get her the one she wants. She's driven the V6 for two days now, but the problem is that she drives my Tundra V8 and wants the same power and smoothness.... Women, can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts. Looks like we're getting the V8 for about 32K out the door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah get the V8 4x4... i got the 2wd V6 only because i live in sunny cali, don't tow and my wife was driving it before i did plus it already has good amount of power.. now she bought something for herself. If i could do it all over again i would definitely go with the LE 4x4 V6/V8:tu:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you did fine. I liked the V6 just fine in the 2wd. It had PLENTY of power. In fact, I was a little surprised at how much it had. If it were up to me, I'd have kept it. Again, problem was she drove my Tundra with the 4.7L V8 - my truck is 2wd - it flies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts