Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i just bought a high miles Seqoia. 233000 on the clock. Vehicle is in pretty good shape interior is perfect minis door speakers. Did a fluids check. Changed oil, did two rounds of trans fluid drain and refill. Check front and rear diffs, checked transfer case all good and full will change soon. Changed plugs as the electrode was almost gone and the gap was massive. So did a vin history report through Toyota website and not many maint records minus brakes and inspection. Nothing to show timing belt was ever done. Pulled one of the covers off and looked at the belt and it appears to be in good shape. Water pump looked newer as it had no corrosion or build up on it. Is it safe to take the chance and assume that it was done at 90000 and then again at 180000 and continue to drive it until 270000 and change it then?

·
Registered
75 Posts
there should be some sort of indication sticker on the air box or near/around it that says milage and date replaced. If not it could have been a home repair and they didn’t notate it. Either way you should be able to visibly inspect the belt to see the condition. No cracks, dry, noise, etc and you should be ok for a while just keep an eye on it. I would assume it hasn’t been done on the regular maintenance schedule if it’s not notated anywhere. I keep note of milage when doing an oil change.. maybe contact the seller? Always a good question for the previous owner when buying a toyota.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
39 Posts
Open an account on Toyota.com owners site and put in the Vin. Will have all the reported service history. I always do this when buying a used Toyota

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open an account on Toyota.com owners site and put in the Vin. Will have all the reported service history. I always do this when buying a used Toyota
Joined. Nothing noted except routine inspection with no details and brake issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there should be some sort of indication sticker on the air box or near/around it that says milage and date replaced. If not it could have been a home repair and they didn’t notate it. Either way you should be able to visibly inspect the belt to see the condition. No cracks, dry, noise, etc and you should be ok for a while just keep an eye on it. I would assume it hasn’t been done on the regular maintenance schedule if it’s not notated anywhere. I keep note of milage when doing an oil change.. maybe contact the seller? Always a good question for the previous owner when buying a toyota.
There is a sticker that said new radiator fluid @ 227000 miles. The radiator looks brand new and the fluid looks new but nothing to support the belt being changed. The water pump and housing also look very new as well. There is no cracks and the belt is quiet with no wear at all, not even a scuff on the smooth side. I think im going to take the risk and drive it. I will how ever keep an eye on the belt through cover every oil change then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts